What does your day look like?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Spent many hours pruning & tidying the native garden I planted about 3 years ago & left to neglect whilst building the house:

The deck is something I built to sit over the top of our stormwater tank...and is an awesome place to hang out.

The best news is that the thick native planting has suppressed weeds superbly...both my neighbours yards are heavy with all sorts of crap (neither live here full time) and there were almost no weeds to clean up in my yard. Happy happy joy joy...you should have seen the state of my place when we bought it.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Tidied up the workbench:

Looking at a Park Tools benchmount workstand so I can service my big 29ers on weird brake bleed angles without the stand falling over.

The workstand will be on a quick release base so it doesn’t sit there in the way all the time. That vice is bolted to captive nuts for this very reason.

Thinking about solutions...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Tidied up the workbench:

Looking at a Park Tools benchmount workstand so I can service my big 29ers on weird brake bleed angles without the stand falling over.

The workstand will be on a quick release base so it doesn’t sit there in the way all the time. That vice is bolted to captive nuts for this very reason.

Thinking about solutions...
PRS-7-1 on a hydraulic ram coming downwards from the ceiling.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Day started with replacing front brake pads on the Colorado. Pretty happy with getting a sniff over 105,000 out of them.

Progressed to checking over Grandad's Hyundai Getz. It's in pretty good condition for a four banger with 203,000 on it. It should only need a CV boot and a new spare to get through road worthy so we can rego it in our name. Re-attached the front bumper and wheel cover while I was at it.

Then hot waxed the chain on the bike, minor serviced the forks and bolted some Gloworms to the front.

The included mount slotted straight into the Bontrager mount that clips onto the bar and slots under the stem.

Had to turn it up the other way as the light unit wouldn't angle down far enough.

Looking forward to riding to work tomorrow :)

Cardy George

Geez, we've gone a week without anything happening?

Well here's another dose of rural Victoria

Preparing next year's kindling, and cutting down on the amount fruit we grow so the Fruit Fly don't ravage it again this summer

Cardy George

That your cherry orchard behind? Fruit flies had a good last season, they smashed my tomatoes. Plenty in my boss’s citrus too.
That's our cherry tree in front of the fence to the right. The trees in the background are someone else's almonds that our house is in the middle of. We get all the scenery without any of the work.

Use those fruit fly traps and don't leave rotting fruit on the ground under the tree.
We did, but we've never had on orchard before. A friend of ours pointed out it's no use having the traps in the fruit trees, they need to surround the orchard but out away from the fruit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Up early for work at job number 2...power failure due to car accident next door over night. Stand around for 1.5 hours watching people try and resolve things they have no experience or expertise in. Knock off early...cool I'll go for aside before working at job number 1. Nope...I'll feel I'll instead. Well while I rest I'll slow bake some beef ribs. They turned out great. Oh time for work. Clock a few cold and flu pills, but not early enough for them to kick in before I'm behind the bar. Shit comes on and I'm sailing a bit because I really should've had 1 more and now it's too late to top up if I want to sleep. Real quiet in the bar. Too quiet...I'm twitchy as well. Fuck I cleaned up those glasses fast though! Think I'll take a break. That's about to end. It could've been such a beautiful day.

stirk

Burner
Good old Sudafed works wonders hey poods!

My daughter wanted a small table for her room to do drawing and colouring in on.

Wifey said Kmart had a table that would be good for her and only $39, sweet let's get that I thought. Damn, Kmart had none left so a trip to local hardware store for the same cost, minus 2 hours of my time, we botched up a neat little table.

Solid wood too, not chip board crap :)

IMG_20180812_161113021_crop_423x403.jpg