What does your day look like?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
What's the doohickey that you've got your headphones plugged into? I've got a pair of 250Ω Beyerdynamic DT770 pros that I should probably get a DAC/amp for.
Yeah its an Audioengine D1 to drive some 250 ohm Beyerdynamic DT250s. Pretty handy little DAC/Amp, had it for 5 or 6 years now.

slowmick

38-39"
Must be hard to lave in the morning hifi - looks like a great place to drink coffee, eat breakfast and enjoy the morning colours. i love green scenery but that it one impressive view. :thumb:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Aye - this place was a deceased estate, we bought it 4 years ago when the inheritance was being fire-saled (right place right time).

The '60s cottage was full of white ants, we demoed it & replaced it with what you see there (work in progress, steel frame, rejigged floorplan).

The roof immediately in front is my shed.

The building from which I took the shot is a three story double brick garage/storeroom that we converted into a 1-bed apartment a few years ago to give us somewhere to live while we renovated the house.

I'm owner-building the house, done 95% myself, we hope to be back in the house by Christmas. View from house now:

Lots of work, most satisfying thing I've ever done.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
that's awesome bloke. I have been renovating/fixing/rebuilding our house over the last 13 years. it will be mich nice when finished but it will still be a small 70's triple fronted brick veneer in the outer suburbs.

Looks like it's Christmas at your house from now on.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ours is only 90m2 when we are done. Only the other (apartment) building's existence made this possible.

I believe we would likely have the smallest new Syd waterfront house constructed in the last 20 years...but it'll work beautifully for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I note your choice of "panty peek shine" as the finish for those floor boards. Will all your future party invitations include a warning to would be dress wearers, or is this a subtle way of saying "throw your keys in the fish bowl"?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I note your choice of "panty peek shine" as the finish for those floor boards. Will all your future party invitations include a warning to would be dress wearers, or is this a subtle way of saying "throw your keys in the fish bowl"?
Those Huon pine boards are original, we can't keep 'em (exposed) as the floors are not level so we will put engineered timber (likely oak) over the top. In a more matte finish

stirk

Burner
Those Huon pine boards are original, we can't keep 'em (exposed) as the floors are not level so we will put engineered timber (likely oak) over the top. In a more matte finish
Wow Huon pine, man I'd pull that up and showcase it on top of some other lesser wood. I believe Huon can be one of the oldest trees on the planet.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'd make a sacrifice of level for the sake of keeping them. They look sensational.

I see your "might be cypress" and add they look similar to my (approx) 130 year old (supposedly) cypress boards. Mainly in the honey gold colour, not so much in ultra shine finish.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Early start in the fog heading to the gym for a good workout session followed by a bitch of a cycle training session...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Trying to teach the wee ones that trails don't magically appear, took them out to the ldtr maintenance day today

Both the boys piked though, was left with their little sister only. She was stoked to be a part of rebuilding an old rotten log jump into a fancy new rock one

(10yr old girl doing all the hard work while everyone stands around and chats...)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
(10yr old girl doing all the hard work while everyone stands around and chats...)

It's called equal opportunity, and she only cost 73.4% what one of the boys would get....

Good on her, I find d my 6 year old daughter is 10x more into helping with the manual labour than her 10yo brother. Can't wait for her to get strong enough to start the mower, I'll have it made in the shade.

There is some next level shovel leaning going on there though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Trying to teach the wee ones that trails don't magically appear, took them out to the ldtr maintenance day today

Both the boys piked though, was left with their little sister only. She was stoked to be a part of rebuilding an old rotten log jump into a fancy new rock one

Well done dad! And your daughter. She did good too.

Is she a giant or is everyone else a long way into the background?

I've been at a wedding...since 11am. I have lost my voice, done the worm, hoisted tables, and managed to only take my shirt off once or twice...