What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'll raise you a Makita Power Plane that my dad managed to run over his finger one time. My dad has run most tools over part of his body, mostly the fingers, but he still has them all amazingly.

I have a Triton that came with the router attachment should I ever want to go there.
Mitsubishis are not great so better off with a known power tool brand.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This will come as somewhat of a surprise but I have been mowing of the grass. I usually use the tractor under the trees because it has a canopy and the sticks and insects and wasps generally are deflected away from the person cowering underneath. Anyway yesterday I was finishing off the mow under the grove and there was the usual click click type noises of broken sticks falling on the bonnet and canopy then there was a duller thud on the footplate betwixt my legs. Ah the very much disgruntled tree snake. I stopped the deck and a metre of dark green tree snake slithered off onto the ground.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have an index finger similar (but milder) to @Jpez from a meat slicer. It isn't as dramatic a chunk, more a nearly rounded off tip where as the left is kind of square.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I’ve got most of mine. Woodwork tools bite hard.
I have a smaller version of that right on the tip, index finger thru a HG40 on an Alivio Compact Drive in the mid 90's. Tried to un jam my chain while still standing over the bike with the left foot clipped in, over balanced and chop!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Show us your mangled bits!

Mine was from a bicycle - jammed in the chainring, cog through the nail bed and chain locking it on across the back. Nicely squished finger…

IMG_4916.jpeg

Jpez

Down on the left!
I have a smaller version of that right on the tip, index finger thru a HG40 on an Alivio Compact Drive in the mid 90's. Tried to un jam my chain while still standing over the bike with the left foot clipped in, over balanced and chop!
Table saw for me. Well actually a tablesaw/planer combo machine. Was ripping and didn’t notice that my finger was pushing the cover plate on the planer open. Bad design.
My finger dropped in and it took a few thucka thuckas before my brain registered that my finger was being planed.
That hurt. Hurt a lot. Best one though was when I shot s 3inch gun nail straight through the meat of my thumb. I hit a knot doing a skew nail and zing. Off it goes. It wasn’t hanging out of my eyeball or anything so reset again to finish the shot when I felt pain in my thumb. Oh. That’s where it went.
Luckily it missed bone as I was able to pull it straight out.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
You must know we all picture you in a Homer Simpson-esque power station console pushing buttons all day?
We are meant to share Unit Controller (homers job) and Assistant UC duties equally. Luckily some prefer to spend as much time on their ass, expelling as little energy as possible, so I get to do the 'outside' position more often. Isolating plant, swinging large valves, hanging earths, HV switching operations etc... and normally covering 5-10km per shift getting around.

Still got the tradie hands but without any bits missing :cool:

PXL_20231213_040418105~2.jpg

Slow moe

Likes Dirt
We are meant to share Unit Controller (homers job) and Assistant UC duties equally. Luckily some prefer to spend as much time on their ass, expelling as little energy as possible, so I get to do the 'outside' position more often. Isolating plant, swinging large valves, hanging earths, HV switching operations etc... and normally covering 5-10km per shift getting around.

Still got the tradie hands but without any bits missing :cool:

View attachment 405274
Simpsons had a 3 eyed fish. @ozzybmx must be the 3 handed man to take this photo.
Time to start some conspiracies about hidden nuclear plants