What does your day look like?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
First afternoon/evening in a week without a massive storm rolling through. Feels weird.
Yeah it was absolutely munted down the south coast for a bit there, worst was needing to pull over for a bit north of Nowra on the 27th when a deluge hit hard and the engine almost had a bath in a very impromptu causeway. Lesson learnt. The Southern Highlands were a drizzling paradise by comparison.

mark22

Likes Dirt
We missed out on a decent storm season for the last few years, looks to be making up for it this year.
Got caught on a road on my way home that had a tree across it and there were hundreds of cars doing u turns to get back on Steve Irwin way so I took a side road through a large pine forest to aviod a couple of hours in that.
Jeezus there was a few four wheel drives doing the same and um suffice to say that would have been their fist foray onto a wet dirt track, judging by the driving.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
That's shit :confused:

I came from a country that had regular hail but it's only small. I didn't know hail could get that big till I came here.
Strange thing in a usually warm climate.
The guys said the stones were slightly larger than cricket balls and came from nowhere, also took out two other cars, one caravan all the solar panels and skylights in the house.

Had another one today but about golf ball size and only lasted for twenty seconds, no damage to report.

Flow-Rider

Burner
We missed out on a decent storm season for the last few years, looks to be making up for it this year.
Got caught on a road on my way home that had a tree across it and the were hundreds of cars doing u turns to get back on Steve Irwin way so I took a side road through a large pine forest to aviod a couple of hours in that.
Jeezus there was a few four wheel drives doing the same and um suffice to say that would have been their fist foray onto a wet dirt track, judging by the driving.
It can get fairly boggy in that pine forest, I've ridden the MTB through there a few times.

Road works on the Bruce Highway seem to be a waste of time, there's always an accident during peak times that could have been avoided with a little bit of common sense.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
That's shit :confused:

I came from a country that had regular hail but it's only small. I didn't know hail could get that big till I came here.
Strange thing in a usually warm climate.
Big hail is a quirk of warm and humid climates. If you get really warm, wet air, creating strong updraughts, hailstones can circulate vertically numerous times, each time building up more layers of ice, until they get heavy enough to break the cycle, then they really hammer down!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
IMG_20231231_104425~2.jpg

A day late, because I had no coverage where I was at the time. A view over my NYE location, Lake Wyangala, near Cowra, NSW. No bike with me, but plenty to explore by kayak & on foot. Camp site is about 1.5km out-of-frame to the left, and if you zoom in you can see my little kayak on the beach at the right.