What does your day look like?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
All I hear is "waaaa waaaa waaaa...I didn't really want the powder..."
Well I certainly didn't want it then. Would have been fine if it arrived a couple of days earlier. I departed before lifts turned but the problem with halfs is getting everything dried and packed in time.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I certainly didn't want it then. Would have been fine if it arrived a couple of days earlier. I departed before lifts turned but the problem with halfs is getting everything dried and packed in time.

That's what home or that hotel in Tokyo is for. It's all going in the wash before you next need it once you leave...well I hope it's going in the wash? I've met you, I'm pretty sure it is.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
well I hope it's going in the wash? I've met you, I'm pretty sure it is.
Clothes are going in the wash today.

I Black Catted the board bag from New Chitose to Narita so I didn't have to lug it around for a week of sight-seeing. Wouldn't have liked it to be sitting there damp for that long.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Worth every yen. Was 3690¥ which is a bit under 40 bucks
When we had site visits before board or budget meetings we would black cat the suitcase to the hotel and just take work gear and boots to the site in a small wheelie. Made the multiple train and aircraft connections so much easier.

Slow moe

Likes Dirt
Clothes are going in the wash today.

I Black Catted the board bag from New Chitose to Narita so I didn't have to lug it around for a week of sight-seeing. Wouldn't have liked it to be sitting there damp for that long.
Having left a board damp in a bag (while we were caught in a blizzard), you really don't want to leave it wet for any length of time. Rusty edges suck

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
We used them as well, so easy walking around the city with essentially a carry on bag as opposed to suitcases and board bags.

We managed to dry everything in the hotel dry room, but a family we were travelling with put there sons boots away wet and they said when they got back to SYD the smell was unholy.

slowmick

38-39"
1707045117184.jpeg

For this weekends hot weather I transformed our yard into a tarpaulin shanty town so that my daughter and her friends have somewhere to hang out when a pool party was cancelled last minute. It seems that after 5 hours of hooting and hollering yesterday all the friends were a pretty tired today so we've scored some host points with their parents. My daughter was back at it floating in her flamingo eating icy poles to beat the heat. The back yard no looks like we held a music festival.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
You think replacing internally-routed cables in a bike frame is bad, try doing it in a 22-foot long mast! I've known for a while that I've needed to replace a length of shock cord (for the uneducated, ocky strap without the hooks) that runs inside the mast, but have to drop the mast in order to do it. That in itself is a pain in the arse, because several other strings that run inside the mast have tails that run around the hull floor that need to be unrove before the mast can be pulled out of the boat, so it's something I try to do as little as possible!. But with heading off to a World Champs regatta late this week, the mast had to come out for transit anyway, so today was the day for tackling that mission of running a new stretchy string up the mast, then finishing packing up the boat for next week

zac

Likes Dirt
You think replacing internally-routed cables in a bike frame is bad, try doing it in a 22-foot long mast! I've known for a while that I've needed to replace a length of shock cord (for the uneducated, ocky strap without the hooks) that runs inside the mast, but have to drop the mast in order to do it. That in itself is a pain in the arse, because several other strings that run inside the mast have tails that run around the hull floor that need to be unrove before the mast can be pulled out of the boat, so it's something I try to do as little as possible!. But with heading off to a World Champs regatta late this week, the mast had to come out for transit anyway, so today was the day for tackling that mission of running a new stretchy string up the mast, then finishing packing up the boat for next week
Jesus, unrove is a bloody weird word... I get it's the right word but it looks and sounds all kinds of wrong... seems like it should be unriven but that's a completely different word...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Jesus, unrove is a bloody weird word... I get it's the right word but it looks and sounds all kinds of wrong... seems like it should be unriven but that's a completely different word...
Derived from "reeve"; to thread the end of a rope through a hole or series of holes. ;)

Reactions: zac

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well other than the snow storm, i also went to the onsen. That was fucking magical today. The snow hammering down, foggy, sitting in a big arse tub at 43⁰ while the air was well below 0⁰ and relaxing. My neck popped and crackled a few times all on its own, I'm guessing it was a little tight.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Today was...a pretty good day. Had something of a night last night (got in at 430am) in a friend's bar. Up at 640am to get the crew out on snow. Grabbed myself an extra 2 hours and had a later morning start. Fresh snow everywhere still from yesterday's powder bomb and a top up over night. Poaching fresh tracks all over the place without having to do anything particularly risky for it. Finished with face blasting fresh turns down a long secret track and onto the long green run to finish the day off spraying everyone on the way to the bus...pushed into a revert and held it in a long hand drag until I caught the heel edge and went down backwards hard. I reckon I'm an inch taller now! Fucking great day on snow followed by 3 hours of nap before dinner.