What drivetrain are you rocking on your AM rig?

komponent

Likes Dirt
Hi,
be great to know what drivetrain have you formulated to make make the most of uphill and downhill situations.

are you 2x10, 1x9 OR triple with what rings?

Cheers yo

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Mojo
XT cranks, 36t ring + MRP guide
XT 11-36 ten speed cassette
X9 mid cage X9 shifter

Enduro
Atlas cranks, 36t ring + Gamut guide
SRAM 11-34 9 speed cassette
X0 mid cage X0 shifter

both combos are fine for my riding, 10 speed just gives the luxury of having 1to1 ratio without having to run a smallish front ring
works fine for the odd XC race too

bpow

Likes Dirt
HT-
Race face bash with raceface DH cranks /36/24 with 11-32 9 spd cassette
Dually-
Current- Truvativ blaze 22/32/44 with 11-34 9 spd cassette but going-
BBG bash and droping the 44t and putting on a blackspire stinger! Going to see how that goes and maybe replace the 32t with a 36t, or just buy the SLX dual crankset!!

Last edited:

ronster44

Likes Dirt
2x10 Sram s2200 carbon cranks 36/24
Shimano slx cassette 11/36 with xtr chain
I realy like this set up gives you a wide gear range

rone

Eats Squid
Boring old 27 speed - 44/32/22 and an 11-34. Got RF Deus for the slightly narrower Q factor. I have an e-thirteen bash ring I swap the 44 out for on gnarlier stuff.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
I have the standard XT Dyna-sys 3x10 and I rate it highly.

The ratios when you drop from middle to small ring are just right and the spread at the back allows me to stay in the middle for more of the ride. It doesn't shift as intuitively as I read about, but it is an improvement on last year's 3x9 XT.

The 44 tooth front doesn't get a lot of use but on my sealed-road commute to the trails I can occasionally engage it and put some big efforts. Sometimes 32 feels too small.

All of this is driven by my pea-sized heart, chicken legs and chicken nugget-sized lungs. With an upgrade to some of these components I may change to some fancy 2x10 gear.

soontir

Likes Dirt
I was using 3x9 XT setup, but am now using the XT cranks with Superpro 40t and 28t up front. Seems to cover what I had with the 3x9
Thinking about dropping the 28 to a 26, as a couple of hills I'm still struggling, but then again I'm not that fit.
Also have changed the rear to XTR 11-36 10 speed.
So far, it's good.
But on some runs I do,I think a 42 tooth would be better.

Rodney

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
Blur LT 2010

Stylo (origionally 22/32/44)

running stock 22 granny and a Blackspire Nuvi 34 with E thirteen turbo bash.

11/34 XO Cassette, XT Shadow Rear Mech, SLX Front Mech, XTR Chain.

I only ever wish for a big ring when im riding on the road.

indica

Serial flasher
2x10 X7, was great for the 4 runs I had B4 I farked my knee.
With the new wheels I bought I dropped enough weight to not notice the lack of granny.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
think its a 12-28 rear, was a 12-34.

sram x0 ( long time shimano boy)

170mm hammerschmidt FR cranks with the smaller 24/36 option.

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt

dukemasterpro

Likes Dirt
Me: 39/26 SRAM full X9 10 speed. 12-36 cassette. May be slightly digressing here, Is it possible to mix and match Shimano 10 speed with SRAM 10 speed?

Having issues finding a chainguide for x9 dual chainset with my 10 speed setup. Considering having to swap onto a triple crank but with the outer ring removed. e-13 customer service replied with "nothing to suit" in our current range