What has happened to the Used market?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah...looks like something you’d offer when someone is chasing a modern XC bike..
I'd hold that one if I had it. Borrowed one off a friend (not Methuselah) for a few days way way way back and it was a lot of fun. Didn't your man crush win a WC on it in his special days?
Yeah...looks like something you’d offer when someone is chasing a modern XC bike..

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Whats the used market going to look like in 12 months time? Will we see a glut of bikes after this wave of MTB uptake dies off a bit? Will it keep going?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats the used market going to look like in 12 months time? Will we see a glut of bikes after this wave of MTB uptake dies off a bit? Will it keep going?
I think it really depends on how quickly manufactures can get production and shipping of new models sorted. Talking to the LBS and they were saying that they're getting new stock in and 1s and 2s and it's heading straight back out the door. Similarly, I got an alert about CRC having the new Mega back in stock at 1:30am; by 0800 they were gone.
Until there's new stock on hand for people to try, compare and think over the 2nd hand prices will remain high.