What Part Should I get Thread

im riding an older specialized frame and its running 10mm dropouts and im looking at getting a new wheelset, and wondering if anyone knows of any decent 10mm rear hubs?

Spitfire84

Likes Dirt
More of a what bike question.

Tossing up between a 2010 Colony Endeavour and WTP Zodiac

Colony ($999) - http://www.colonybmx.com.au/catalogue/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=63

WTP ($1024) - http://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/index....id=376:zodiac&catid=56:pro-series&Itemid=1421

Also reasons for whats better would be great if possible too.

Cheers in advance
Id go the WTP simply because I trust them more as a brand, they seem alot more solid, however both bikes have a similar weight so I guess it really depends on weather you want the shorter TT WTP or longer TT Colony?

D

Deleted member 18757

im riding an older specialized frame and its running 10mm dropouts and im looking at getting a new wheelset, and wondering if anyone knows of any decent 10mm rear hubs?
Profile and Proper are the only ones I can think of at the moment, but if you're using the frame for street/park/trails it might be worth just waiting until you can get your hands on a frame with 14mm dropouts (unless you're a smooth rider).
Id go the WTP simply because I trust them more as a brand, they seem alot more solid, however both bikes have a similar weight so I guess it really depends on weather you want the shorter TT WTP or longer TT Colony?

WTP > Colony. Had the colony hell stallion, collapsed/twisted dropouts after a month.
Had 4 of the crmo colony pegs, 1 snapped clean off and the other 3 bent. Been waiting like 6+ months for warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the help guys. Got a few mates on WTP's and they do feel pretty solid. I'll try have a ride of each before I buy.

bmx man

Likes Dirt
what hub is more trustworthy and loudest?....Wethepeople sumpreme or shadow rant?
Cheers

Last edited:

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Snapped the bolt on my vandero 2 front hub... anyone know if this bolt will fit?

- Replacement 10mm Bolt & Washer for Colony Clone Front Hub
- 100% Chromoly

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Snapped the bolt on my vandero 2 front hub... anyone know if this bolt will fit?

- Replacement 10mm Bolt & Washer for Colony Clone Front Hub
- 100% Chromoly
I think that nearly all (bar profile and madera that i know) bolts will fit into most hubs

ViBRatE

Squid
Hey guys tossin up between Strictly bitch cranks or Fly cranks.. Also getting a new frame not sure between the FBM berzerker Gypsy or Maneater

GUMP

Likes Dirt
hey all,

ive been getting into the picture taking side of bmx and ive decided i would like to get a DSLR. Ive been looking into the nikon range and im liking the D3000 (price mainly) and was just wondering if it was a good starting point?

i know ill have to upgrade to some decent lense's when money allows since the package im looking at consist of 18-55mm vr and a 55-200mm vr lenses.

so will either of those lense's at least getting me started bmx wise and is the camera its self any good?

cheers for any help guys

scholzee

Squid
hey all,

ive been getting into the picture taking side of bmx and ive decided i would like to get a DSLR. Ive been looking into the nikon range and im liking the D3000 (price mainly) and was just wondering if it was a good starting point?

i know ill have to upgrade to some decent lense's when money allows since the package im looking at consist of 18-55mm vr and a 55-200mm vr lenses.

so will either of those lense's at least getting me started bmx wise and is the camera its self any good?

cheers for any help guys
I'm really not the camera expert, but I have a D3000 and I'm really happy with the quality of the shots. I got mine for 960 with the standard 18-55mm vr lense and a 70-300mm vr lense with UV filters. For the price the quality is really, really good. It's not too hard to use also. As you can probably tell I'm not great at explaining things but yeah. If you want to check out some of the shots I have taken with it, http://www.flickr.com/photos/40163322@N06/

Hope that sorta helps buddy!

bmx man

Likes Dirt
im wondering which tryes are the best...i ride street/park/dirt......I was thinking fly sergio 2.35 on the front and animal asmr 2.10 on the back...im just intersted to know which tryes would be better for my style of riding

stace.pear

Likes Dirt
so i need a new rear rim, and am looking at under 150 so i was thinking either a g sport rollcage or an eclact bondi straight rim. what's every ones suggestions?