What Part Should I get Thread

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
ok, so i need some big bars. I'm about 6'6/6'7 and i just don't feel comfy on my race bike. ive been told that i should get bars with some more rise, preferable 8.25 or more. the more the better. I wouldn't mind a bit more width as well so maybe 28.5'. Im a complete novise with bmx so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, has anyone hear riden a formula pro xxl?
thanks for anyhelp in advance :)
I'm 'of height' also and run a top load stem (fit s3) with 8.75inch rise Failure Dumbars.
A few companies make bigger rise bars at the moment including Fly Montana (8.75inch) and WTP mad Max as mentioned above (8.7)
The difference between 8inch and 8.75inch rise bars is really not much, but its more than enough to help your back especially if you're on the bike all day for a few days in a row.

jackaroo

Likes Dirt
Sprockets?

So I've being looking at a few sprockets to go on my new bike, The sprocket needs to be a bolt on and no smaller than 25 tooth;
So far I've looked at the following:
-Cult Member sprocket
-Odyssey Vermont sprocket
-Federal Light sprocket
-Tree Light bolt on
What is best? can you suggest anymore.;)

Thanks

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I need a new rear hub for my eastern traildigger, it's 26" wheels but bmx spacing (110mm) so needs to be a bmx hub, hence me coming in here. I really have no idea about bmx parts though.
Where could I find a 48 spoke bmx hub with oversized axle for nice and cheap? What should I look for?
Anyone got one they'd like to get rid of for cheap?

KonaAlec

Likes Dirt
hey all
I am in a bit of a conundrum, mainly becuse i know shit all about BMX:cool:
I'm looking to get a BMX and want to spend ~$800, I am a little over 6 foot and will be riding a mix of everything, but mainly trails.
the bikes I am looking at
2010 Kink apex $750 @TBSM
WTP trust $880 @Strickly
Sunday Funday Ex $800 @ strickly
United supreme SU2 $800@ strickly
or I was thinking of getting a Kink transition from TBSM for $450 and buying a second hand macneil duece duece frame and putting a set of WTP mad max bars for about $800 which I am leaning towards at the moment because I like the long top tube and tall bars, coming from riding mtbs.
so what do you guys think?

cheers alec

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I was thinking of getting a Kink transition from TBSM for $450 and buying a second hand macneil duece duece frame and putting a set of WTP mad max bars for about $800 which I am leaning towards at the moment because I like the long top tube and tall bars, coming from riding mtbs.
This. If your riding trails the duece is wicked good, and you won't have to change your style much coming from a mountain bike.

NEEDCASH!

Likes Dirt
Alright, after searching for ages i am still stuck on what frame i should buy.

I've mainly got my eye on the Fit s3.5 and the Cult Badboy/Deathrow, for mainly street and park.
Can anyone help me out?

Will be running pegs if it matters...

MICK...

Likes Dirt
Alright, after searching for ages i am still stuck on what frame i should buy.

I've mainly got my eye on the Fit s3.5 and the Cult Badboy/Deathrow, for mainly street and park.
Can anyone help me out?

Will be running pegs if it matters...
I don't know anything about the cults, but i do know the Aitken is freaken sweet. So ... get an aitken haha

GAFMAN

Squid
Best you can afford

Well, There are a million threads on people asking what part they should get, So I thought this would be a good idea. Post your questions in here.

Edit: Please keep it clean.
we all like to Bling our Pushies... It makes sense to buy the best you can afford.
1.Buy once buy
2. Buy Cheap and repeat

Ultra Lord

Hi all

I find now that my back hurts something cronic after each ride, so I reckon some really tall bars are in order.

At the moment I'm running some colony bloody oaths, a s&m challenger and as many spacers as I can fit, but it still isn't enough.....

So I was looking at some s&m hoder, but am interested in any suggestion you lot have (must be over 8.5 tall though).

So yeah, recommend me a really tall set of bars!

Ultra Lord

thanks mate, any idea who the aus distributer is?

They seem perfect.

Edit: looked on site, can't find it.

Ultra Lord

Thanks for the replies fella's.

Hoders its gonna be! Easyest for me to hold of, and there wide... very, very wide.