depending on what bike I am riding:-
specialized pro mtb
speciaized comp mtb
specialized senoma(commuting)
shimano DX
shimano sandals

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if i'm not clippin' in. (always depends on what's on) i use skarpa bushwalkiung shoes. they are great.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Globe Conflict.

Awesome shoe for riding in, has a 'honeycomb' pattern sole which grips to the pedal really well. They are double and tripple stitched all over.

They are particularly good with new DMR V8 or V12s

888_SANCHEZ

Likes Dirt
Dude u stole my shoes!!!!! i ride in conflicts. they r sweet but i need the pedals to match. my pins on my primo's have worn down, but i am guna modify them.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
primo pedals = too slippy for tech DH. cant get the power down, slipp off in rocks. sick for street and jumping though

looking at getting orchid vanevers or etnies roscoe's(taj's sig shoe)

oh and dhtf, credit where credit is due, bitch :D

wombat

Lives in a hole
roasted said:
primo pedals = too slippy for tech DH. cant get the power down, slipp off in rocks. sick for street and jumping though

looking at getting orchid vanevers or etnies roscoe's(taj's sig shoe)

oh and dhtf, credit where credit is due, bitch :D
Tenderizers are slippery? I don't run them because they're heavy, tall, and have a small platform, but I never would have thought they were lacking grip.

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I found that I have a lack of grip with them. ah well, thats just me. my shoes (all 4 pairs) just dont grip on them. and yes, they are INCREDIBLY tall, as far as exy pedals go

villy

Likes Dirt
I got a pair of es. There getting holes in the bottom so some times when i ride i get poked by my pedal pins, think its time to get some new shoes!!

wombat

Lives in a hole
roasted said:
I found that I have a lack of grip with them. ah well, thats just me. my shoes (all 4 pairs) just dont grip on them. and yes, they are INCREDIBLY tall, as far as exy pedals go
Fair enough, maybe your foot sits on top of the pedal instead of sitting in the concave?
The height is nasty, but they are a BMX pedal, and one designed to be tough, there's a lot of meat there. I wouldn't call $70 that exy either ;) , although if you're running the Pro's I guess it's fair.

Anthonaut

Likes Dirt
I just got some cheap skate shoes $30 from Harris Scarfe on sale. Honeycomb grip- grip the pedals REALLY well, heaps padded and tons of support. They also look better than most expensive skate shoes (IMO). So good, i bought two pairs.

bundy_rider

Likes Bikes
i wear GLOBE Rodney mullins RMS 04 they hook up well on my tioga "dingo traps" they have a soft sole and great support. cost around $170

IGUANA

Likes Bikes
I was wearing Gravis flat sole shoes but after continuing ankle smashes & cuts from the cable mounts on my old gemini, sharp fuckers, I have opted for old school style high tops- 661 Dually. $190, not cheap, but excelent grip & ankle protection. No restriction on movement for pedaling or jumping either. I don't know why I have been riding with high tops before. Worth it.

My bike came with Shimano Spd pedals so I got some Shimano Spd Shoes SH-M038. They have good power transfer and are good for walking in because of reccessed cleat. There really uncomfortable when your pedalling so I hated them. I now have DMR V8 pedals I just use my Nike Sneakers. They got crap grip, crap power transfer but as expected are really to walk in and hiking up a hill with your bike. Also protects your ankle quite good.

freaken

Likes Dirt
IGUANA said:
I was wearing Gravis flat sole shoes but after continuing ankle smashes & cuts from the cable mounts on my old gemini, sharp fuckers, I have opted for old school style high tops- 661 Dually. $190, not cheap, but excelent grip & ankle protection. No restriction on movement for pedaling or jumping either. I don't know why I have been riding with high tops before. Worth it.
where did you get your duallys from Iguana, I cant find them anywhere, I'm in Sydney.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
i used to ride in 'reef clutches' super flat sole, no grip but then who needs it when you have sharpened studded pedals? i rode in these unitll i left them at torquay yesterday afternoon in the car park above the beach (if any one see's them, PM me, reward giving.....maybe :rolleyes: ).
now i am in some pair of Es, but they are my school shoes, so i am needing to buy some new ride shows.!