What was you first true mt bike

hey i was think the other day. About if people still own there first true mt bike if so what was it ? where is it? and do people have photos?. and im not talking about the kmart bike that you got im talking your first love. They bike that you really enjoyed riding.

Mine was a ridgerider advanti. i still have the bike and now have changed it in a street rider

Last edited:

jackmac91

Likes Dirt
03 Norco Bigfoot.. It now sits in pieces in my garage. I still can't get one of the bloody cranks of it that I wanted to swap over to my other bike :(

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
1993 K2 Comp

Similar to the below picture, except mine was all gold ... can't remember the cockpit, but I don't remember the donkey dick riser quill thingy stem or the cable guide mounds on the top tube :p

Attachments

Last edited:

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DBR Vertex - Snake stays, manitou Magnum 1" elastomer forks, XT drivetrain and "Cheap Trick" V brakes.
It was awesome.

I remember telling my girlfriend that because it was a good bike it would last forever and I wouldn't be spending heaps on bike bits all the time. Scary part is I believed it when I said it :p

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Trek 6500 Hardtail. The first real bike I ever owned.

It got stolen. But I had insurance, so I got a brand spanker! Woo hoo!

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1989 DiamondBack Apex, it rocked. Still have it... although my dro-in-law had it for a bit, poor thing...

Ivan

Eats Squid
1993 Mongoose Sycamore.
First full suspension bike was a 1996 Diamondback V-link 1.0

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'94 Avanti Barracuda, rigid model.
Mine was a gloss black '96 model Barracuda, with good ol' Indy C's up front.
Was looking all day through various shops, fed up and tired I was going to check out one last store and there it was, perfect.
Rode the wheels off that thing.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2001 Specialized Hardrock Comp, we got a his and hers version, this was the other halfs after I had sold mine and upgraded to a dually, my bike was essentially the same but red/silver instead of blue/white. Only got it because the bike store was much better than the one that sold my preferred choince of the Giant Iguana! The Specialized was only 8 speed whereas the Giant was 9spd. I believe that was the year before disk brakes made a major appearance, along with or followed by hydroforming or bigger tubes etc.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
05 haro V3

Was gonna build it up into a street/4X/DJ bike, then I remember I bent the rear arm :)

I might just take it apart and make it a wall feature or something.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Raliegh Limited Edition 2 with 21 gears! and Reynolds 501 tubing. Was way to far back to remember 1995 maybe?...it got nicked tho.

Then a Kona Lava Dome which rocked...i got drunk one night and to this day cannot remember what i did with it.:mad:

scblack

Leucocholic
1999 Jamis Durango SX.

Great bike.

Before that actually in about 1990-1992 was a GT triple triangle rigid Cro-mo MTB.

Last edited:

Craftworks

Craftworks
Early 90s Mongoose IBOC team, I upgraded the forks to RS Mag 21 - it took me 2 summers worth of slavery to save up the coin when I was 13