What was your riding soundtrack today?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Or what did the weird jukebox in your head put on repeat for you while you sweated it out?

I can't be the only one this happens to. I don't listen to music while riding so my brain gets a little stir crazy and starts playing tunes for me. Sometimes it's a winner, sometimes it's... Less of a winner

Xmas day I went for a spin, must have been feeling festive because almost right out of the gates I had the cover of "making Christmas" by rise against going.

And boxing day I was out again, I'd spent some time playing guitar hero with daughter the night before so I had "Orion" by Metallica on repeat. Specifically the bass solo in the middle because she needed to replay it a few times to get it.

(I know there was a thread like this years ago, but I haven't seen it surface in a good long time and I'm terrible at searches)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Other memorable ones for me

- the first 3hr race I did on the single speed. About the hour and a half mark I started Slipknot's duality, seemed perfectly appropriate and the tempo was just right for slogging up hills that I really should have had a granny gear for.

- out on the tracer a few years back, randomly started "burn it up" by the offspring. Hadn't listened to the album in years and the song never really stuck out either. This just gelled so well with the ride it's been a go to pre ride song if I'm just out for a play

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Other memorable ones for me

- the first 3hr race I did on the single speed. About the hour and a half mark I started Slipknot's duality, seemed perfectly appropriate and the tempo was just right for slogging up hills that I really should have had a granny gear for.

- out on the tracer a few years back, randomly started "burn it up" by the offspring. Hadn't listened to the album in years and the song never really stuck out either. This just gelled so well with the ride it's been a go to pre ride song if I'm just out for a play

Yeah I've been cranking the punk from a few years ago before riding so enjoying a 2009 revival.

Propogandhi Human(e) meat

And

Coaches corner

Have been making me suitably enthusiastic about the upcoming ride.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I get tunes stuck in my head all the time, particularly while churning out kms for kms sake. This was hard to shake today

slowmick

38-39"
I usually get stuck with the ear worms from my daughters animated movies when I am out by myself. Some of them have quite a good swing to them for killing time climbing hills.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yesterday 'arvo I had the bluetooth 'phones in, while "shredding" :rolleyes: my local trails.
I had Google Music set to a "radio station" (i.e.- randomly generated playlist) based on my own Mtn Bike playlist.
...unfortunately there is no substitute for the original :(

Today I was out fanging around the North West on the 1000cc crotch rocket.
I have always had a policy of No Headphones Permitted Whilst Operating The Jesus Machine...but like @Plankosaurus, I do use my internal music player to keep me psyched inside the helmet.
"Bulls on Parade" - RATM always gets a good hour of humming/whistling.
"Black Dog" - Led Zepp. I can loop that riff thru my grey matter for half an hour.
"Diesel Power" - The Prodigy. That big rolling beat just fits with riding fast.

slowmick

38-39"
This morning at Silvan the trail names put the mind-pod on shuffle.

Had this in my head on the way to The valley below

At least i get variation on the climb up twisted sister - first couple of times if was

Then on the last time when i had had run out of water - perfect tempo in my mind for the climb

Fuck I love Silvan