What's in your fridge - Xmas beverages

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With a few days to go what's in your fridge - a cleansing ale, some french bubbles or a holy spirit? I usually lean towards the coopers sparkling for xmas beers on xmas day if not driving.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Hmm, I have a few bits n pieces right now but not a whole lot.

Light beers (in case of driving), Kosciusko beer and a few Hillbilly Blue Mts cider which are quite good. My getting a bit larger emergency Whisky collection can always be called into action like a superhero just before the world ends.

poita

Likes Dirt
Working through as usual, but you've conveniently reminded me to stock up on some Cooper's sparkling for post work wind down. Thanks!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Some cheese and some eggs...hopefully resolve the shortage before the shut down! Need some eggnog while it is still available. That stuff is yum.

scblack

Leucocholic
My Christmas period beverage is Monteith's Summer Ale. A lovely light ale with a honey tang to it, very refreshing drop. Coopers Sparkling is my next periodic favourite, a nice beer that one.

monkeyonabike

Likes Dirt
According to my Dr I'm not supposed to be drinking this xmas.

My fridge will be full of Dr. pepper and wine for other people :frusty:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
At the mo just got some Chang lager, which goes down bloody well. Will hunt out some Red Hill Christmas Ale & a few other delicacies for the big day, also got some sparkling mead for something quite different for the non-beer drinkers in my family.

Beej1

I recently read an article that Aldi, Woolworths and Coles each have a selection of wines they get made exclusively for their stores (or their liquor stores for the latter two) with some made-up name and no indication that it's actually from a specific vineyard of that name - just a region of Australia. The article revealed they actually get decent wineries to craft the wines and buy so much of it they can sell it for f-all. It went on to say the wineries have made their own labeled wine from the same batches and sold them for up to 400% markup in some instances, and these wines have won awards.

I just bought 3 x of the Aldi ones today: $5 Rose, $5 Grigio, $13 Pinot Noir. Will sample them before the weekend - worst case scenario they end up as cooking wine (for nearly the same price as cooking wine).

That'll be wife + in-laws sorted.

I'm just sticking to Stone & Wood Pacific Ale - love that stuff, especially when it's hot ... which it seems most of Australia will be this weekend bar the Antarctic territories.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I just bought 3 x of the Aldi ones today: $5 Rose, $5 Grigio, $13 Pinot Noir. Will sample them before the weekend - worst case scenario they end up as cooking wine (for nearly the same price as cooking wine).
Aldi wine is great value and all tastes quite good to me for the small $$. If a European cheapness emporium doesn't know a little about wine then life has ended as we know it. The El Toro Macho Tempranillo is excellent for a bargain price. You can just try them for fun.

Do they have the zero alcohol Paulaner which is something I've never figured out apart from giving you a pass to sink a case of beer and drive through RBT's all day with full peace of mind - I haven't done this......

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a shitload of caffine free pepsi and I think one bottle of beer that went out of date some time back.

Mica

Likes Dirt
Significant amounts of tonic water to compliment the various Gins I seem to be collecting at the moment

link1896

Mr Greenfield
A couple dozen gluten free schnitzer bräu beers as the kid at dan's wasn't paying attention and scanned six packs at single beer prices :)

$5 a bottle.

wavike

Likes Dirt
To combat the summer heat, loaded up some Twisted Palm Tropical ale, pear cider, Moscato 275ml twist top wines and some Spicebox Spiced canadian Whisky - dry & Lime stubbies. Feeling a bit pretentious after typing that :shocked:

dej

Likes Bikes
Been getting into the Pimm's of late. Find it pretty refreshing on a hot day:)
The wife is pretty determined to buy a soda stream in boxing day sale (just to make fizzy water instead of buying soda water, not for the flavours)