Whats the best beer you've had & why?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Stella Artois from tap, with a dash of peach syrup.

very nice, crazy frenchmen think of everything.
Thats called a shandy mate;)

Go to your local bowls club, they'll be throwin em back all arvo!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Kicking back with a nice cold Xuehua Pijiu right now It's brewed using the original and natural process, using the choiced hops, rice and barely malt, relax and enjoy this fine tasting beer.

It's 3.6% and makes the Yanjing Pijiu, that I just replaced it with, taste good. :rolleyes:

scblack

Leucocholic
IF I remember correctly, Amstel is a budget beer in Europe!
Up until this point I've considered you someone with a decent eye / palate for a good beer, but Amstel? I've never tasted a beer with so little, well, anything to it. It's like drinking mildly carbonated yellow water.
My beer reputation is going down the tubes....:eek:

All over one single beer.......:eek:

RCOH

Eats Squid
I had two longnecks of VB last night. Fuck it was terrible & I feel more than a little dusty this morning. Never again (probably).

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just finished off my first-ever stout.

Abbotsford Invalid Stout.

What can I say? It wasn't bad for my first stout. Very full, and multi. I should've drunk it at room temp. but...

antwan88

Cannon Fodder
tbh cbf reading all 20 pages and i know my post are disregarded due to 0 post count and what not buttt..

Corona is fucking terrible beer.. No flavour womens beer liek TED's.. and most blond beers.. only acceptable ones being like la trappe (and otherbelgian beers) blond.. still some kinf of flavour there..

in regards to Zywiec guy.. I work in a Vintage Cellars and we have some crazy polish guy who drinks it like water.. easy to order in.. any VC store will be able to do so if you want.. Quite delicious beer.

Favourite beers of mine = Coopers sparkling tallies (When I decide to tackle the 5km walk home after a 10pm close these are the perfect companion)

Coopers Pale and Cascade premium beat coopers sparkles for taste.. But sparkle has the alc volume.

As far as imports go.. La Fin Du Monde (roughly translated to 'The End of the World') from Quebec in Canada is amazingly complex and at 9% manages to be fucking delicious. FUnny how in tooheys platinum at 7 u can only taste alchohol.. in this 9% beer u cant at all. Awesome.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Since I've been back in blighty I've been sampling more than a few pints of the delightful Peeterman's Artois. It's a lager from those nice chaps at Leuven (makers of Stella) that weighs in at a not-hefty-in-the-slightest 4% yet tastes almost as good as it's feisty older sibling. This means that I can drink more of it before resorting to criminal damage, verbal abuse or soiling myself.
Noice!
:)

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Since I've been back in blighty I've been sampling more than a few pints of the delightful Peeterman's Artois. It's a lager from those nice chaps at Leuven (makers of Stella) that weighs in at a not-hefty-in-the-slightest 4% yet tastes almost as good as it's feisty older sibling. This means that I can drink more of it before resorting to criminal damage, verbal abuse or soiling myself.
Noice!
:)
Alcohol with no consequences? Teach me.

matty_101

Likes Dirt
It has to be Fosters ;)
I'm not a fan of Fosters, at all. Last night i had Little Creatures pilsner, really all it was, was fizzy wee in a bottle. No body or aftertaste, i might aswell have had a coke, it probably has more alcohol in it anyways.

Red Lemon

Cannon Fodder
I'm not a fan of Fosters, at all. Last night i had Little Creatures pilsner, really all it was, was fizzy wee in a bottle. No body or aftertaste, i might aswell have had a coke, it probably has more alcohol in it anyways.
I'm not a fan either, I was hoping for angry responses and a flaming :D

My favourites are Corona and Peroni.

toodles

Wheel size expert
I mostly drink Tooheys Extra Dry at the moment, but as far as favourites go - Coopers Pale, Dos Equis and Sol would have to be up there. Two beers which I really liked but I'm having trouble finding in Brisbane are Bee Sting (thanks johnny!) and a Spanish beer called Estrella Damm.

antwan88

Cannon Fodder
Vintage Cellars have Estrella on special for 40/45 a carton atm and first choice liquor superstores all carry bee sting.

BJ-

Rota Imports
Anyone here ever had a Puntigamer Almradler?

You either love it or you hate it really... Its 50% Puntigamer Beer and 50% Almdudler (an austrian herb juice/soft drink). It was summer last time i was in Austria and the drink is just amazing in the heat. Once i discovered it, it was all i drank the entire time i was there.

Ive been craving it ever since i got back but unfortuntaly cant seem to find anyone who imports it.

Im no beer expert but the best beers ive probably tasted were some dark beers i had in Belguim, Germany and Austria. Unfortuntaly i cant remember the names of any of them.