When did the wording 'Analogue Bike' become a mainstream term?

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Heard this word thrown around occasionally when talking about normal bikes. Now it just seems like a generic term, something almost elitist sounding by e-bike riders to describe poor people on regular bikes. I went for a group ride with 5 people on Friday night around the Sturt Gorge, 3 of us on 'analogue bikes' and 2 on E-bikes (Digital bikes?). Anyway the guy up front stops a few k into the ride and offers an alternate route for the 'analogue bikes' we declined as the alternate route is only marginally easier and we just said go at your own pace we will meet you at some random spot later.

The group I was with all agreed afterwards it sounded like the 2 guys on e-bikes were using the term as a downgrade.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've had a couple of experiences with people referring to our non-electric bikes as analogue constantly during a ride.

I don't think they meant it as derogatory or even knew they may have sounded like assholes as they continually blew wind up their ebikes asses... being so much faster than the analogues.

Still didn't help them clear some TTF's though.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Legitimately hear "Amish" thrown around with giggles as if a rider without a motor is missing out on something. I really can't be arsed with a lot of the people that ride motorbikes, they didn't deserve the shit they copped as early adopters but they're turning out to be right shitheads now that they're mainstream.

Part of me is a peace loving hippy that wants the world to get along and everyone to be able to experience the thing they want to the way they want to do it.
The other part wants these abominations the fuck away from my favourite sport because the attitudes towards it are all messed up now

Grumpy old man is grumpy

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great, I'm not the only one who struggles with brifter haha.
I don't mind brifter too much I mean they are a mix of brake and shifter (if we are talking about the same thing) having said that I said goodbye to my only brifter bike and two regular bikes (MTB's) and a BMX, making way for an incoming Transition Relay, does that have a different name battery in and battery out? What about battery in and flat?

jrewing

Eats Squid
I don’t like riding ebikes downhill. I don’t enjoy riding bikes uphill. Do enjoy seeing Covid riders bikes for sale. Definitely don’t like this Anolgue description at all…almost as bad as Ebike XC racing!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
"For mountain biking I use a normal bike"

That's what I say, especially when hearing analogue. Someone I know who just retired who I think is around 60 and recently got an ebike but was a hardcore rider and still rides her analogue, as she called it the other day, kinda took me by surprise saying it.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
"For mountain biking I use a normal bike"

That's what I say, especially when hearing analogue. Someone I know who just retired who I think is around 60 and recently got an ebike but was a hardcore rider and still rides her analogue, as she called it the other day, kinda took me by surprise saying it.
I use "normal bike" but I don't really give a shit if they are called analoge, meatpowered, Amish, He/Shebike, m-bike, non-motor, non-electric, traditional, old fashioned, acoustic, non-motorized bicycles, Hbike or whatever.
It's no different than people getting all bent out of shape over the term Downcountry and before that Enduro, Trail and even All Mountain.
It's a bike of some description, just get out and ride it. :rolleyes: