Where can I sell my ktm dirtbike?

Kym Anderson

Likes Bikes
Hi ive had my motorcycle up for sale for almost a year now and need to attack it from a better angle as ive nearly had no bites on it. Its a 2009 ktm exc300 that is race ready non registered. If anyone can give me an idea how to sell it off thats not those info boards at shops that would really help. Ive never sold a motorcycld before so dont know how to go about it

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I always sold mine thru trading post but thats a while ago...

Try ebay with a buy it now or best offer?

Some bike shops used to sell on consignment but you would not end up with much...

Contact local dirt bike clubs to see if they any avenues for selling such as monthly member emailing (you might have to join their club 1st though).
Go to some local events and put a sign on it with it gleaming like new in the sun....

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Man, just search Google for "used motor bike" and the first 1452375423465387254 search results will show Australian websites that have an inventory full of used bikes that you can list your's in as well. It will cost you a few bucks but you will sell it. Start with www.bikesales.com.au

CHEWY

Eats Squid
How much do you have on it?
I do a lot of buying and selling of motorbikes and find ebay with a 0.99 cent start, REALLY good photos and a basic description works best.
It would be a lot easier to sell a rego'd trailbike in QLD as the seller is going to have to stuff around getting it RWC etc to even take it out in the bush = major PITA. Especially if you have removed all the road gear.
An unregistered 300exe is pretty useless in QLD, buyer will take one with rego every time unless yours is significantly cheaper.

Kym Anderson

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys its on gumtree and ill go to the local moto shops too. Totally couldnt think of anything haha its going for $9000 ono

sam705

Likes Dirt
That's quite a steep price for said model. You can pick up an 2010-11 exc300 easily for 9grand, i'd suggest lowering the price and advertising a hell of a lot more! Bikesales.com.au is a very good start.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This thread suspiciously looks like a sneaky attempt to sell a non MTB product on this website, something that is BANNED.
Considering he has mentioned the product and price.....

Rather than a generic-how do I sell this TYPE of item......

Hmm moderators?

willsy01

Eats Squid
This thread suspiciously looks like a sneaky attempt to sell a non MTB product on this website, something that is BANNED.

Hmm moderators?
I can't believe it took 9 posts for someone to figure this out.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member

Hmm moderators?
Maybe just once this is a punter asking for some help? He's got more chances of it selling on the links I suggested rather than on here. I know that for a fact, I do the numbers for those types of websites. ;)

Tomas

my mum says im cool
$9k is laughable for a used 300exc.

The holy trinity of Bikesales / Gumtree / Ebay and if it's still there after 2 weeks you're asking too much.

Kym Anderson

Likes Bikes
Yeah I dont think im asking too much considering the extras and money spent. Its basically got a spare bike with it and redbook says $9000 so thats what im asking. also I have stated a price because someone requested if you actually read the thread properly. I have now posted elswhere thanks to the few helpfull people on here who are not being a troll....

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I can still buy a new 2011 ktm 250 exc for $9500. Probably less if pushed. I brought a new TM 250 last year for $9200 on road. You can buy new husky 250's for about $6500.
Extras don't make the bike worth any more. You're too expensive. Drop your price and sell the extras on eBay. 2009 is quite old for dirt bikes.
But think what you like, and ask what you like.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I dont think im asking too much considering the extras and money spent. Its basically got a spare bike with it and redbook says $9000 so thats what im asking. also I have stated a price because someone requested if you actually read the thread properly. I have now posted elswhere thanks to the few helpfull people on here who are not being a troll....
Redbook don't buy motorcycles, so what they say is useless. The market dictates the price, and when you can buy a brand new one for a few hundred more, it says that yours is ridiculously overpriced.

The problem is not where you're advertising your bike, it's how you're advertising it. It's a $6000 bike as is (spares and bolt-ons have little effect on bike values), $7000 with rego. Sorry.