Where could my front derailleur be?

Rik

logged out
This is weird, my Zaskar has been in pieces for 8 months, most of the parts were chucked in my big box of random bits. Now I've decided to put her back together, and have to find the pieces to suit.

One thing that's stumped me, I can't find my front derailleur anywhere. So, can you guys suggest random places where it might be, and I'll have a look.

I know this is a bit silly, but it's in the name of fun.
It's definately not in the freezer, under my bed, or on the bike, so that rules out the most obvious places... where could it be?

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
in your toolbox
in your sockdrawer
in your hand
on the middle of your workbench
on the bike

Fritta

Likes Dirt
ive always wanted technology to bring out a real life google search engine. you type in back derailleur and you will see this aura around it. how cool would that be :p
and as for places to look: has it fallen under your workbench or car or somewhere under something?

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
on a mates bike.

is it anything special? I have a few lying around, 1 xt one- might be nice.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ur chain guide killed it!

its gone!!! :)

Naa try umm in the pile of tyres you have in teh garage thats always where my shit ends up :)

toodles

Wheel size expert
At Cash Converters for $5

Or maybe the reason the Zaskar was apart was because the mech was broken so you stripped the bike to service it?

Rik

logged out
My 15mm spanners are the ones that go missing constantly...
Alas, I cannot find the derailleur. When it gets cooler, there's one more place I can think of that will get looked through, and that's under the big pile of computer junk in my room. It'll be a big task to undertake, moving all this stuff :shock:

Anyway, to get me by, I've decided to use a DuraAce derailleur as a chainguide to run single ring, and will wait until new cranks arrive before I worry about shifting gears.

Rik

logged out
BBORB got emptied and sorted out twice in the past 24hrs, so it's not there :(
Although I did manage to find some other stuff that I didn't even know existed. I have 3 oldschool XT derailleurs, and a set of the first ever STI levers as well.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Hey Rik. You do remember that if you buy my Zaskar frame, it comes with an XTR front mech and XTR shifter... hint hint :lol:

G

what a shameless plug

rik try looking in the last place you loko for it :?

Rik

logged out
Squidly Didly said:
Hey Rik. You do remember that if you buy my Zaskar frame, it comes with an XTR front mech and XTR shifter... hint hint :lol:
Yeh maybe, but what's the bloody top tube length?
:p