Where to stay in Geelong for the Road World Championships in 2010 ?

jonesy46

Likes Dirt
Hi all,
Can someone give me a heads up on good, decent 3 or 4 star accomodation in Geelong that would be handy to the Road World Champs next year?

Also, how do you get from Melbourne to Geelong ? Bus, train etc ?

Thanks

Jonesy46

Shredden

Knows his goats
Best way is to catch the train. It leaves from southern cross and north melbourne quite regularly. If you catch it outside of rush hour, it isn't very crowded. Never stayed in accomodation in geelong so can't comment.

jonesy46

Likes Dirt
Thanks. I thought it wise to start thinking about it now, seeing as the organisers expect huge numbers in Geelong.
Cheers.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
best to take the train from Melbourne to G-town, and there should be heaps and heaps of places to stay in Geelong just search around the net and book early

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
Oh yeah, If its gonna be massivly crowded in geelong, maybe think about staying in a cabin in torquay caravan park or somfin?

AcTioN13

Likes Dirt
There is a place in town that will be near where the race is held, cant think of the name of it, but know people who have stayed there and they had no complaints. Bout to go for a drive so i'll check it on the way through.

Otherwise, there is the Mercure. its reasonable and in close proximity to the city.