which bike to take to rotarua?

dogboy*

Squid
There needs to be.

I can confirm that your Commencal will be perfect over here. You're gonna love it!
Was there November last year with my son (instead of schoolies!) I had my SC Superlight and he had his ASR5...just magic. Both bikes went well and did everything. Then spent a couple of days in Queenstown - different but just as good (Coronet Peak!) As previous post said NZ is just fantastic and can't wait to go back....

Michae1

Likes Dirt
Was there November last year with my son (instead of schoolies!) I had my SC Superlight and he had his ASR5...just magic. Both bikes went well and did everything. Then spent a couple of days in Queenstown - different but just as good (Coronet Peak!) As previous post said NZ is just fantastic and can't wait to go back....
How was the weather at that time?

I'm heading over mid November with 6 mates, can't wait!

Wengji....When are you heading over?

dogboy*

Squid
How was the weather at that time?

I'm heading over mid November with 6 mates, can't wait!

Wengji....When are you heading over?
bwediful! warm enough for T-shirts during the day but cool at night (hoody) take a rainjacket for stuffing into the camelbak just in case. The only wet waether we had was in Queenstown (was sleeting at top of Coronet Peak) but Rotorua weather was perfect (we were there late November)

my02

Likes Dirt
It's been t shirt riding weather for the last few days.

Currently raining so it will be time to channel Mr Hill at Champery tomorrow!

I just came back from Rotoura, was there 4 weeks ago. My first time and all I can say IT WAS AMAZING.
I had a 150mm fork but found a lot of people riding around on 160-180s when i was riding. a lot of santa cruzs haha.