Whistler 2011

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
We plan to be over there for at least 2 years based in Vancouver. We fly out on July 28th. Was due for a new bike so I decided not to take one with me.

eddylong

Likes Dirt
A friend and myself are flying out of sydney on the 1st August , we will be staying at The Aspens (not sure about how good it is but it looks okay) it seems there is going to be a heap of fellow Aussies over there.... i cant wait.

i got insurance through smart cover it cost me $198 for 15 days .... i did increase the luggage cover and i did wipe out the excess. it is the top cover with unlimited medical. i am only fairly new at riding and i will probably need it :D

i am keen on doing a couple of tours ... i have seen a place called ticket2ride BC ... they do day tours for $99 a day. anyone done these? what are they like ?

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
For those staying longer than a few weeks or using the WHP visa, check out canaussie.com . It has a shite load of information (not bike related) about getting jobs at whistler, accommodation and customs etc.

ademb

Likes Dirt
A friend and myself are flying out of sydney on the 1st August , we will be staying at The Aspens (not sure about how good it is but it looks okay) it seems there is going to be a heap of fellow Aussies over there.... i cant wait.

i got insurance through smart cover it cost me $198 for 15 days .... i did increase the luggage cover and i did wipe out the excess. it is the top cover with unlimited medical. i am only fairly new at riding and i will probably need it :D

i am keen on doing a couple of tours ... i have seen a place called ticket2ride BC ... they do day tours for $99 a day. anyone done these? what are they like ?
What time and flight you on dude? 10.30 take off with Air Canada by any chance?

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
im with air canada ... i think its 10:30am !!!!

r u on the same flight? what did it cost you ?
Should make a universal travel rule that every aussie going to shred whistler has to fly in 5.10's. Would mean you could spot them in the departure lounge ;)

ademb

Likes Dirt
Should make a universal travel rule that every aussie going to shred whistler has to fly in 5.10's. Would mean you could spot them in the departure lounge ;)
I dunno bout yours, but my karvers stink. Wouldnt inflict that pain on anyone indoors haha

jasevr4

Likes Dirt

The Aspens is a good location man. One of my friends lived there last Summer - just a short pedal into town.

The Ticket2Ride lads are great. They have their own mechanic and their guides/instructors are really good blokes. Mostly poms so come prepared to take the piss out of them. If you want to see a bit more than the bike park, I'd definitely hit them up for a tour or two. There's a lot more riding around here than just in the park!

jjloukas

Likes Bikes
hey guys im going over to whistler, in30july to 23 august, just wondering if u guys know,
the best tyre to use for the terrian over there, and is anyone stayin with the ticket to ride crew at all

eddylong

Likes Dirt
hey guys im going over to whistler, in30july to 23 august, just wondering if u guys know,
the best tyre to use for the terrian over there, and is anyone stayin with the ticket to ride crew at all
i plan on doing some day trips with ticket2ride . ill be there from 1 aug - 15 august

rsquared

Likes Dirt
Minions are the way to go. Cost you an arm and leg over there tho, pack as many as your weight restrictions on your bike bag allow.

I'd run the Minion Super Tacky (42a or whatever it is) up front and the Minion (60a or something) harder compound one on the rear. For 3 weeks, i'd budget 2 rear tyres and 1 Front. You really chew through them over there.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Hey guys,

Just giving you all the heads up that I have got my tickets over to Vancouver and will be departing Aus on 24 July!
Staying there for over 2 months, so should be pretty siiiiiiiiiiiick!

Will definitely have to make a Rotorburn Whistler 2011 facebook group or something to make sure we can all meet up easily ^_^

Cheers and I hope to meet you all there :D

ademb

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Just giving you all the heads up that I have got my tickets over to Vancouver and will be departing Aus on 24 July!
Staying there for over 2 months, so should be pretty siiiiiiiiiiiick!

Will definitely have to make a Rotorburn Whistler 2011 facebook group or something to make sure we can all meet up easily ^_^

Cheers and I hope to meet you all there :D
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_163994690334492

There ya go fellas, think Ive done it right haha? Never made a group before?

ademb

Likes Dirt
So anyone that will be in Whistler from the 1st of August onwards have a spare couch or bed that they wanna fill? Unfortunately my accommodation has falling through due to illness, so Im looking for somewhere to crash at for a week or 2. :cool: :cool:

kaji

Likes Dirt
With just over 2 weeks before my 4 week pilgrimage to whistler, i just worked out i won't get to whistler til 7pm that night and the staff accomodation checkin closes at 6. So my options are to spend the night in vancouver or see if there are any farkiner's that would be kind enough to put me up for a night up there so i can sort out my staff accommodation the next day.

Any takers?