who has ever snapped their frame??

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Fatman said:
CAAD 5 Cracknfail f2000,seatstay, Giant AC1,swingarm, GT XCR4000,swingarm.
Gee..... never seen any of THOSE particular bikes before! You poor bastard, Fatman, if we were sitting in a hall somewhere surrounded by old women someone would have yelled BINGO by now.

Muz

Grove Master
I cracked my trek 6000 but was lucky enough to get waranty, then the waranty frame (8500) was stolen so i got insurance on it. Now I ride a DMR sidekick. Steel is real.

jayboy882003

Likes Dirt
oneoftheboys said:
all bikes brake. it just depends on how long i guess. get the right bike for the right job an i guess you will keep it to a minium unlike my 7 plus frames i have either cracked or snapped
yeah i guess. then again if u snap ya frame u get a new one from warranty (well depends how u snapped it in the 1st place)

I snapped a Giant Warp DS3. They replaced the frame and then the swing arm went. replaced that and then the frame cracked again. Doin freeride duties on a 20inch warp is not good for the soul. I also screwed a set of RS indy XC forks, Jetts and now I have Psylo XC (2000 model i think) and they rock, take all the shit I throw at them.

jayboy882003

Likes Dirt
my mate trent (trenta23) snapped his ATX 860 jumping off a kerb..i think he did a lot more to its before the kerb... he got an XTC team frame for free from warranty!!!

Glenn

Likes Dirt
Re: most bikes brake

bb7 rider said:
i have broken basically every bike i have ever ridden they just wear out our fatigue or something, the list so far
atx 840
atx 990
giant dh team 00
specialized team dh 01
kona stab primo 01
were abouts did you stab primo crack, snap? cause mine cracked around the bottom braket were the chain guid plat welds on, around the guset under the head tub(one each side),and a big crack along the swing arm were the dropout bolts on! how bout you? i like the bike but and im happy that kona warrantied it with no dramers! :D

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just found a crack in my frame tonight, not fkn good!!! now i have to pull $400 out of my ass to buy a new frame!!!!!!!!!!!!

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nah doubt it, its about 4 or 5 yrs old, and also i dont tthink the waranty would cover it, (dirt jumps, extreme urban abuse, agressive trail riding, and all the other stuff the rincon warning sticker says not to do)

snotty

Likes Bikes
I snapped. well shattered my Cadex h/t frame...Cadex being an old carbon giant. built when xc was king..so it wasn't suprising it screwed itself when i was running 6 inch triples and racing dh on it....hehe