who has ever snapped their frame??

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i snapped a pk ripper and quadangle in my youth, a shogun slickrock in my not so youth, and yz250 recently.
god the old S.E. stuff was cool.......

Silver Wahoo

Likes Dirt
I snapped my AC team around the the down tube above the shock mount, Mind you I did hit a stump at 30ks!!! The same crash snapped me pretty bad as well puttung me in hospital in need of some surgery, Stay tuned for photo's. You can see tenden and bone and all sorts of nasty sheeet. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I snapped my old 'Goose NX8.1 (one of the old Newman frames) on the RHS chainstay just infront of the weld at the dropouts.

It was my first "real" mountain bike and I broke it doing things that really should not be done on a XC frame.

oneoftheboys

Likes Bikes
all bikes brake. it just depends on how long i guess. get the right bike for the right job an i guess you will keep it to a minium unlike my 7 plus frames i have either cracked or snapped

wombat

Lives in a hole
I snapped the chainstay on my old Shogun Trailbreaker, but it lasted a lot longer than it should have, I was just waiting for it to give up the ghost.

Glenn

Likes Dirt
my first bike was a giant rincon with rigid forks :roll: it snaped,
got me a stab primo and craked the frame in four places :? but im sure it was a falt in the workmanship and shit....getting a bran new frame on warranty but so it worked out all good!

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i tore the the headtube of my DBR V-Link Pro
towards the end of my first ride on it.
Ironically it literally broke when i was just pedalling along the footpath (luckily aswell).
ahh the joys of buying 2nd hand bikes :roll:

pyrotek

Likes Bikes
Snapped a Giant ATX 840 funny enough no warrantee either
but yeah I won't go there…
Snapped the head tube clean off just at the weld.
Go me a real frame now! :wink:

Rossco

Squid
haha ive snapped every frame i ever owned bar my GT zaskar which i been couriering on for the last 3 years, must say something about zaskars strength

atx 840
atx 800
atx 890
some bunky old khs
and a wheeler road bike
all dead

ROss

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Hey Rossco, Zaskars are good stuff, we've only ever had two in for cracks around the seat/top tube joint and I'm pretty sure the guys were running their seat posts way too far out for the frame.

BTW where do you work as a courier? If Melb, do you know Talon?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
And because it's painful to think of all those poor broken bikes lying around out there, here's two follow-on questions for this thread...

Where are all these frames now?

And

WHY AREN'T THEY HANGING IN OUR WORKSHOP???

Even if they're totally dead (which you know I don't believe) I did put this post up....

http://www.farkin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2926

bb7 rider

Cyclone Imports
most bikes brake

i have broken basically every bike i have ever ridden they just wear out our fatigue or something, the list so far
atx 840
atx 990
giant dh team 00
specialized team dh 01
kona stab primo 01