who here plays in a band?

ed the frog

Likes Dirt
hi guys, just formed a new band "city road" and had our first gig last weekend! was a massive success, sold heaps of CD's and had the whole place moving! i'm the drummer and i love gigging, the best feeling when you pull it off well. so who else here plays in a band? post up your websites if you have them or pics or whatever!

city road - funk, rock, latin, dance and groove
http://www.sonicbids.com/cityroad

Anthonaut

Likes Dirt
Yep, im the drummer in a band.

We kinda dont have a name for it yet though but we should have a name soon.

First gig wont be for a while but when we play it should go off!

punk_downhiller

Likes Dirt
yeh im in a band, lead guitar

we've had a couple gigs but only at school tho, but its still heaps fun just jamming with the mates

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Played guitar and bass in a number of bands for around 8 years in the mid to late 90's. All original stuff with bands varying from blues/reggae through to Death Metal and everything in between.

Sort of dropped out of the music scene when a good friend and our drummer at the time OD'd.

Just been really getting back into the guitar again now, so if anyone in the newcastle area is looking for a guitarist, send me a PM.

ed the frog

Likes Dirt
sammydog said:
Played guitar and bass in a number of bands for around 8 years in the mid to late 90's. All original stuff with bands varying from blues/reggae through to Death Metal and everything in between.

Sort of dropped out of the music scene when a good friend and our drummer at the time OD'd.

Just been really getting back into the guitar again now, so if anyone in the newcastle area is looking for a guitarist, send me a PM.
sounds like ur living the dream dude, appart from the ODing. what bands did u play in?

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
I've been in a few bands, I was playing bass in one band which I thought really had some future, it was kind of rap metal.. but things just dont work out... the vocalist (who wrote most of our songs, and was damn good at it) disappeared completely.. our guitarist joined another band and got some decent success from it and yeh... we all went different ways all together...

but I still play bass, and guitar.. but meh my style of music is never gonna something people wanna hear (some of you probably heard my song i posted up and burned your speakers because of it) but meh, i'll never stop playing..

sorta got a band at the moment.. more just mates mucking around together...

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Q: What does a drummer use as a contraceptive?

A: His personality

* Ba-Dooosh *

Not personally, but I am quite the band slut :eek: My mates play in a band and well someone has to be there every gig to show some support. Plus the bastards Jam at my house every weekend \m/ \m/. Personally all I can play is a rock beat or 2 and smash out a few basic chords on the ge-tar.

But I take my hat off to all you band guys/gals. Its a tough world, lots off bitching and moaning all for a few minutes every week in some dingy pub playing to the few punters that really give a shit (like me) Good onyas, most of us appreciate it more than you know.

"For Those About To Rock (we salute you)"

Pretty old site of my mates www.rift.com.au but its still alive and kicking. The Drummer has changed *shock*

josh123 said:
Yep, lead singer and backup guitar...band name-reliant k.
you seriouse your in reliant k if so ive got a mate who loves your stuff ive never heard it but will have to have a listen now

not in a bad but played drums for 5 years and guitar for one

berkyburger123

Likes Dirt
Drummer in a pretty unique one. Its nowhere near as hardcore as the others here have posted but my sis dad and i play together very regularly in a sort of band. We spend time composing and playing songs and its aweosme fun and even though my dads 46 were not playing beethoven or anything.

Probably wont ever get me a gig or money but as far as quality family time is concerned its the best.

topher

Likes Dirt
In a band myself aswell bands name is Synthetic Breed. We support Arch Enemy down in melbourne when they came down here.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I play solo - acoustic guitar and me. Have been gigging for years and am nearly finished my album. Playing music is awesome - nothin better than getting the crowd pumped up on your own tunes.

Have to say though, it's hard in terms of spending my money.

M3 or Taylor 614...?

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
I use to play Bass in a couple of bands.
One had some pretty good sucess after I left to focus on my DH (I could see that we were getting a huge following and I didn't want to hold them back, all I want to do is ride my bike) and eventually signing to the Resist label. I think I left at the wrong time that band was "Stronger Than Hate" a Hardcore/Metal band they sadly broke up last year.
And before that I was in another band called The P.K Rippers a punk band we had some songs put onto BMX vids one called Mad Dingo put out by BMXPress One Dollar Short was also on this. Also a GT released one can't rember the title but second in the series. I do miss playing now, but every now and then I have a bit of a play on my Acoustic guitar.