Who rides in Boots?

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
Today after some work i took to my little track at home as boots were the only foot ware i had on me a gave it a go. It actually wasn't too bad i would prefer my other shoes but I was surprised at how much grip I got. So I was wondering if anyone out there actually rides in boots?

old4dy

Likes Dirt
yes work boots are the go

havent slammed toes into rocks in ages because i wear work boots.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
I saw a fellow at Manly Dam the other day in those fancy 5 ten riding boots.

It looked like he had studied every bike riding advertisement quite carefully and constructed his outfit - single handedly proping up the bicycle industry with his purchases while he as at it. His outfit consisted of...

• 5 ten boots
  • elbow and knee armour
  • fancy freerider type shy shorts and jersy
  • A really fancy, many vented, matt finish helmet (the type that costs $350+)
  • fancy mp3 player with those sporty waterproof headphones
  • the really expensive yellow riding glasses
  • A MULE camelbak stuffed to the brim with goodness knows what - it was pretty full.
  • fairly reasonable bike

We got a good look at him as he was doing laps of the car park, making sure everyone saw him. He stood out as he was wearing a lot of stuff and it was quite warm that day.

My partner and I had a bit of a quite snicker, but then I thought "Well, he is enjoying himself. Who am I to rain on his parade?"

And truely, he did look like he was have a great time. So on his recommendation, the boots look like they rock.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It looked like he had studied every bike riding advertisement quite carefully and constructed his outfit - single handedly proping up the bicycle industry with his purchases while he as at it. His outfit consisted of...

• 5 ten boots
  • elbow and knee armour
  • A MULE camelbak stuffed to the brim with goodness knows what - it was pretty full.
  • fairly reasonable bike
Yeeeaaaaahhhh.....
Pretty much 3/4 of all people that ride DH wear that stuff 3/4 of the time...

scblack

Leucocholic

• 5 ten boots
  • elbow and knee armour
  • fairly reasonable bike
We got a good look at him as he was doing laps of the car park, making sure everyone saw him. He stood out as he was wearing a lot of stuff and it was quite warm that day.

My partner and I had a bit of a quite snicker, but then I thought "Well, he is enjoying himself. Who am I to rain on his parade?"

And truely, he did look like he was have a great time. So on his recommendation, the boots look like they rock.
Don't like people wearing "fancy" stuff do you?

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
im so lost, how this thread went from talking about riding in work boots, to riding in 5 ten riding shoes..

to paying out on everything..

I have never rode in work boots, i have a mate who always does, but then he also always wears work boots when not at work.

some times i wish i had work boots on..

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode once in thick, leather hiking boots with a solid sole. Had terrible grip on the pedals and they were just too big and heavy for pedalling. Also I was on frame size smaller than my usual so with the large boots, when I turned the handlebars my toes rubbed on the front tyre. Felt lucky to have survived the day without coming off in some awkward and stupid way.

Decided to only ride in proper riding shoes or at least running shoes ever since.

Pants!

Squid

• 5 ten boots
  • elbow and knee armour
  • fairly reasonable bike
sounds like a right douche.