Who, where or what is a minmi?

C

corpral

i was out g-rock this arvo & saw a few banana peels around the creek gap jump , i think the gorilla's been doing some secret mid week runs

C

corpral

watch out buster when u make your come back , we dont want u 2 slip and hurt your self on the gorilla's banana peels , do u think hes been setting u up all along ?

adsy

Likes Bikes
Hows it going guys? I have a few quick questions. Is anyone free to join in on the group rides? And how far (drive time) are most of these tracks from newcastle? Im in canberra at the moment but it looks like ill be moving to newcastle in december. Not sure where exactly, but presumably somewhere near williamtown raaf base. I want to make sure i know what the go is with the riding scene up there before i get there, i get moody if i miss a weekend of riding. And following the theme of what ive read in this thread, i enjoy the odd beverage or too many. cheers guys

lucky13

Likes Dirt
adsy,
most tracks around here are 1/2 hourish drive from williamtown (bit longer to awaba).
you are more than welcome to ride(and drink) with us mate.

we also run a racing series (it's on the other minmi thread) that is aimed at combining our love of riding with our devotion to beer.

here's an invite to the minmi social group too.

cheers big ears.

lucky.

adsy

Likes Bikes
awesome, thanks alot for that. ill be honest, im a bit excited about it! Looks like a whole lot of fun. Are many/any of the tracks accessible for shuttles? Cos stromlo is the only shuttle track in canberra and i can get pretty lazy. On the up side i have a van and im always up for a shuttle runs! Also, are there many shops in the area with a bit of experience/expertise with DH bikes? I do alot of my own servicing but theres still a few things i havent tinkered with yet.

Last edited:

lucky13

Likes Dirt
there are a few shops around here that can help you out.

awaba and ourimbah(about 1 hour from williamtown) are the only shuttle tracks that i know of.
though there could be another shortly (fingers crossed).

adsy

Likes Bikes
Excellent, i really appreciate the info. Ill keep an eye on these threads and hopefully catch up with people when i get there in a few months. Or at the world cup for whoever is coming down. thanks mate

C

corpral

how about time trials on the last run of the friday rides , and if u beat your personal best you get a bonus point for the minmi series

lucky13

Likes Dirt
how about time trials on the last run of the friday rides , and if u beat your personal best you get a bonus point for the minmi series
you'll need to get a bike computer (and i'll have to find mine).

i'll be at glenrock wednesday afternoon.

C

corpral

you'll need to get a bike computer (and i'll have to find mine).

i'll be at glenrock wednesday afternoon.
the guy who shouts the beer can do the clock work at the bottom of the track (and keep beer cold) and the rest just draw staws to start last and bring the
walky talky down

ill text u tommorrow about wednesday ride