Wholesale Supplier Stories/Experiences

dunndog

Eats Squid
I'm just wondering, out of interest more than anything, if anyone has thought about/heard of/bought a bike from any of the seemingly hundreds of wholesalers out there in far off lands like indo(not that far), China, India, Taiwan etc. offering all the good brands and models at fairly ridiculous prices? What was the result of these transactions and bottom line were they real or fake? I have someone I know talking it up, says he's gunna get one but I say he'll end up on a current affair as one of those suckers who fell for a too good to be true scam.. Cheers all

Grantieboy

Likes Dirt
I dont think this is true. Each bicycle company sells to bike stores wholsale. and then the bike store sells it for a retail price. If people start to buy real bikes of the company for wholesale prices then the bike stores would stop buying them because people can get them for cheaper so why bother with bike stores with a 70% markup? Therefore the dealers will not sell wholesale because they will lose business. the bike that your mate says he can get will probably be one from somone who works there like a staff discount one. I say support your LBS:D.

end of rant. probably didnt help haha

Zoom

Squid
I once bought a "Troy Lee" design Voodoo titanium frame from China. Was about $420 including freight. Even had the Troy Lee stickers on it. The same frame was selling for about $2000 in the US at the time.

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
I once bought a "Troy Lee" design Voodoo titanium frame from China. Was about $420 including freight. Even had the Troy Lee stickers on it. The same frame was selling for about $2000 in the US at the time.
was it real? did it have the same specs, materials etc as the real frame would? any faults etc, how did you find this frame