Wildside 2012

trav

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

I won't be joining this year, still feeling too new to this sport for that, but just to put it into perspective - assuming I join this event for the ride of it (I don't see myself racing) then what sort of fitness is required to enjoy the ride?

If I ride twice a week a medium difficulty track. Each time for 2-3 hours, would that do?

Thanks!
J
Enter ,you will be fine and you will enjoy it.

frensham

Likes Dirt
I believe entries are full.......

Online entry remains open for those who entered but didn't pay up - be quick.

JessD

Likes Dirt
They will probably change you into vets as it specifically stated that you had to enter your age group. Doesnt matter for overall places, but they have sep cats for stage prizes.
Well I am sure they will change it, as the entry allowed me to do it. good to hear that overall positions are not based on age category.
I am afraid for the day that an event forces me to be a veteran or masters and miss out on the good prizes if I am still capable of racing in elite or open.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Awww man, I missed out. I can't believe they sold out that quickly, they were only open for 8 days or something.

Boreit

Likes Dirt
so pumped to have entered prior to selling out.... the writing was on the wall given all the positive press after the last one. we are goin down for 3+ weeks & hopefully can find a partner & stay on for the blu dragon ride.... woohoo!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
The Sydney crew are back again with one addition (and one geared freak - but we've got time to work on him some more)

Machine

Likes Bikes
You snooze, you lose...
Its a shame you missed out and that they only have it every 2 yrs now but its alot of work organising a race like Wildside. Bloody nice bunch of people.
Done it four times and the first year was probably the best as everyone was in the same boat.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I entered elite and I will be 38.
Amendment, after looking at my entry receipt, I entered WOMENS OPEN.
Jess, just emailed the Wildside organisers as Josie did the same as you (ie. entered into "Open"). They are changing Josie's category to "Veteran".
I am guessing you will need to do the same (I had thought to ask them to change your category also, but thought it better if that request came from you :))

Not sure what age category "Open" refers to (as there was no age category defined for it), but it seems if you are in your 30s, they slot you into vets....

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
50 day to go, how's everyones training going.
We are riding the bike alot if that counts as training :)
No more racing for us until Wildside (dirt crits being the exception), btu have decided we need to take our road rides more seriously. Chucking in a few road hills sessions in addition to our "usual" rides.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Training WAS going ok.... but came down with a little virus so had two weeks off the bike now. Hoping to get back into it this week. Ditto for no more racing till wildside (well maybe one XC race.... we will see ;) ). Looking forward to it!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
We are riding the bike alot if that counts as training :)
No more racing for us until Wildside (dirt crits being the exception), btu have decided we need to take our road rides more seriously. Chucking in a few road hills sessions in addition to our "usual" rides.
Riding the 500mts down to Total Rush, from your place, for breakfast while spending more money doesn't count as a training ride Court!

quiggs

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Riding the 500mts down to Total Rush, from your place, for breakfast while spending more money doesn't count as a training ride Court!

quiggs
We ride back up the hill as well though - thats at least 1 calorie burnt? ;-)

jimmy_

Likes Bikes
is anyone going to be in or around Devonport a few days before the race?

looking for a couple of rides as i will be staying at the inlaws and don't know where the local trails are.

we get of the boat on the 25th so would be keen for a ride on the 26th

Cheers Jimmy