Wildside

cous

Likes Bikes
Lift for transit stage?

Me+bike looking for a lift for the transit stage - from Granville Harbour to Strahan, after the Granville race stage (end of day 3). Multiple offers welcome as there's also another person+bike requiring a lift..

We've got race support but the car can't fit us in for the transit stage as its also supporting another rider (we were under the impression that it was race/cruise the whole way from Cradle to Strahan. A bit crap that it isn't). I'm sure we'd be able to squeeze in somewhere on the day, but it'd be nice to line up something before!

frensham

Likes Dirt
Me+bike looking for a lift for the transit stage - from Granville Harbour to Strahan, after the Granville race stage (end of day 3). Multiple offers welcome as there's also another person+bike requiring a lift..

We've got race support but the car can't fit us in for the transit stage as its also supporting another rider (we were under the impression that it was race/cruise the whole way from Cradle to Strahan. A bit crap that it isn't). I'm sure we'd be able to squeeze in somewhere on the day, but it'd be nice to line up something before!
From the Wildside website at the end of Day 3:
Transport Shuttle
Riders will welcome their support crew at the finish of Granville Harbour for a well earned ride (in a car or bus!) to Strahan or wherever they are staying the night.

Pretty clear that unless you have purchased a support package then you need to transport your bike between stages.

cous

Likes Bikes
yep, that's right, but this is the only time that a stage starts from a different location from the previous days finish.

we have a support vehicle, but its a sedan and its supporting 3 riders, hence no room for 2 of the riders for this transit stage. and yeah, unfortunately we're competing with a small budget, so aren't going for a wildside support package.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
cous, did you sort transport out? Depending on how the van packs out we may have room in return for beer. Else you may have to make multiple trips.

mudslut

Likes Dirt
Im excited, anyone got a decent update on the weather there of late?
Yeah sure. It's hot, cold, windy, still, sunny, overcast, rainy, bewdiful! Just like every day in paradise :) The forecast is getting better every day, which has been an omen in the past. Point is that it looks pretty good, but anything can happen.

RCOH

Eats Squid
Where I work is getting the daily vision shot of the race sent through from Ch7. I think it is the same vision that is going up on the wildside website as a youtube link, but maybe 30sec-1min longer and better picture quality.

If anyone wants a dvd copy for a memento or something give me a PM.

PrOd

Likes Dirt
Surprised this thread has been so quiet. Noticed there weren't any more videos after day 1? What was the problem Sid have to drop so much time?

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Sid had major puncture/tyre problems on day 2 and lost a stack of time. Not sure why only day 1 is up, maybe they are only putting that snippett up? no doubt the organisers are resting from the event and the afterparty..yeeoow

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Surprised this thread has been so quiet. Noticed there weren't any more videos after day 1? What was the problem Sid have to drop so much time?
Not much interweb coverage on the West Coast of Tassie.

More Videos here.

Sid tore a sidewall on Sterling Valley Stage (3rd stage) similar to what he did last year. The start was along a fire road which was almost like riding along on railway ballast - sharp fist sized basalt rocks.

skyvia

Likes Bikes
Heard at our local club meet last night someone snapped a Carbon Santa Cruz in two (top and bottom tube).

Ive not done it, but I know the terrain on the west coast is very nasty.

JesseC

Squid
Yeah, next time Wildside is on... don't hesitate to enter! Along with some great riding, it's a fantastic event for the food, people and spot prizes (2 sets of RockShox Sid Forks, Avid Elixers, + heaps of other giveaways from Specialized, SRAM, Ground Effects, Keen + more). The Stirling Valley, Montezuma Falls and Granville Harbour trails were the most fun, but it's all a fantastic way to see some of Tas. I had a great time!