Will I look stupid wearing full face on XC tracks?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Sadly not big enough in the waist. I need 40” and nearly all shorts stop at 38. Yeah I could stand to lose a few kg but I’ve been saying that forever. I love food as much as riding.
You might have better luck at a moto store if you don’t mind the extra weight?
Or just run dickies or something.
Food is life. I completely understand.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I need 40” and nearly all shorts stop at 38
Race Face sizing chart says they do XXL shorts for 39-41" .. I see several XXL models in clearance pricing at CRC. Looks like Endura and Nukeproof come in XXL / fit a 40" too. (Shame that CRC's free shipping minimum purchase has risen to $200.) Most RF shorts sit at the knee - tho I found that the Indy has a shorter inseam than the others, despite being advertised otherwise.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Enduro FF lids are as cool as everything else Enduro now - seeing as Troy Lee make one. :p And approximately everyone seems to own Proframe.

13 years after the first gen Met Parachute, there's the Fox Proframe, TLD Stage, 100% Trajecta, latest Met Parachute, Endura MT500 Full Face (there's an open version also called the MT500), Kali Invader, IXS Trigger. That Kali looks super ventilated.

Then there's the removable chinbar helmets - Met Parachute MCR, Giro Switchblade, Leatt DBX 3.0, Bell Super Air R, Bell Super 3R, Bell Super DH. Reports of some having detached the chinbar when their owners didn't want them to makes them less appealing, as does the extra weight from detaching design.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Sadly not big enough in the waist. I need 40” and nearly all shorts stop at 38. Yeah I could stand to lose a few kg but I’ve been saying that forever. I love food as much as riding.
Fox do shorts up to 44 I think. I run 42s and they're loose and long. Absolutely love them but not as much as my old oakley riding gear which really catered to the fat bloke.