Windsor Dirt Jumps, Melbourne

What Ben said.:D

All went really well this morning with the bobcat and tipper. So much so that not only have we been able to get 80% of the form in place, but all of the necessary dirt required for building and shaping this weekend has been strategically dumped in the relevant places- so hopefully wheelbarrows won't be required really. Hands on shovels will definitely be needed this weekend though.

Until the work has been done this weekend, please consider the Windsor dirt jumps off limits for riding- pass the word on.

A few pics: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2057652#post2057652

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 to what ben said, i agree that the jumps should be off limits untill they have packed a little more, pitty that people have only started f#!king with them onece we have put a little...should i say alot of effort into them.

ill get down their with some spraypaint and put a big X on them. also might be an idea to get the windsor dj sign fixed with a nice little attention to not altering them n comming to this forum...is that not so much of a bad idea...?

SouthYarraSage

Likes Dirt
Great minds! I'm going to make up a little notice as follows:

Hey!
You with the shovel!

Did you know that there's a place online where you can go to discuss improvements, changes etc that you'd like to see?

Visit us at www.rotorburn.com and navigate to the 'forums' section:
ROTORBURN Forums > Riding > The Watering Hole > Victoria > Windsor Dirt Jumps, Melbourne

Our vision for this place is that it has something to offer anyone who likes to have fun on a bike in the dirt, whatever their age or ability. There's plenty more planned - check out the forum for details.

We've done the yards with the council, and with the shovels, to start to make this place great again. We would appreciate it if you didn't change things without talking to us first.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats bang on the money ben. much nicer than my idea.

HEY YOU WITH THE SHOVEL

stop F#!king with our shit or you will get choped up

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but everyone knows im much nicer.

i might be able to get something printed up on a hardened plastic board about the size of the existing (now graffiti ridden council sign)

we could also be kind enough to mention to the council that some retard has put marker all on it and maybe do a new one, with the rotorburn links like ben said

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
really thats pointless, if they wanted gaps they should learn to do the big ones, damn silly people.

cleaning up my language ;)

Last edited:

Benna

Squid
i agree if they want gaps, they're there, they just gotta learn to do em

P.S i may be able to bring down a hard tipped (or soft tipped) broom deoending on how late you'll need it, i may have ti leave before you need it

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking great guys. Once again I'll try to get down after work again tomorrow, so will you guys still be there around 4:30ish?

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ill be down there easily by that time.

hard bristle brooms are better.

ill bring some spray paint again to mark out where not to ride so the blind or ignorant dont ride on it:cool:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
good chance ill be down there on sunday, as rampfest was packed last sunday, n sick of scooters. i wont be building tho.

Benna

Squid
ill be down there easily by that time.

hard bristle brooms are better.

ill bring some spray paint again to mark out where not to ride so the blind or ignorant dont ride on it:cool:
i can bring down a hard bristle broom but i will have to leave around 5:00 5:30 latest
bring?

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Apologies on not making it today guys. Got stuck with some family reunion/family tree thingo in Walhalla. Would've preferred to be digging!

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no probs guys me n nath got alot done, not as much as was planned but enough. should be able to start doing some lines soon, and this rain was great ground was moist and sticky, and now the rain will harden everything up.

sharp

like a spoon
so couple of us are going to go down today, but if its not rideable yet we will give it a miss. and sorry for not coming down yesterday as doing family stuff in bendigo is fun apparantly. :( no maldon either :mad: