Wollongong DH Status?

stinky dee

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what condition the Keira dh tracks are in and also the tracks near austinmere?
Haven't ridden there in a couple of months and want to know if it's worth checkn out?

Last edited:

Macca333

Likes Dirt
hey guys im moving to thirroul in a couple of weeks i would be keen to do some rebuilding if they are out of shape.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
I'm in Fairy Meadow but haven't ridden the Mt Kiera tracks in a while, as far as I am aware there has been people tidying up the tracks up there recently and they are running pretty well.
I mostly ride the track out the back of Belambi (Possums) which is an easy push and always a fun little track.
I'm busy the next couple of weekends but would be super keen to have a big ride day at Kiera if you guys are keen? Can chip in for shuttles etc. :)

bigred86

Likes Bikes
You sure? The booter at the bottom of Thirroul has been hacked to pieces and replaced with a molehill.
Yeah they did that to the small step down on the start off holy trail too.
If they are going to cut jumps that are small enough already down to pint sized then they should leave the shovel at home
Dam kids.ha ha
Other than that everthing is running smooth.if you get out to thirroul ride the track before the creek, its getting overgrown and its a sick little track

barron

Likes Dirt
I'm in the national park but haven't ridden in the south. Did my first reconnaisance mission to Keira last weekend. Was impressed by the state of tracks, the bottom half has a number of different options, i didn't suss them all but what i rode was looking good.

Not sure of agreed names for different lines but "two" as it was referred by riding mates (trial head starts with step over boulder) was well settled in, the lip of the big drop off half way down is a bit shaggy with bits of timber sticking out, not impeding ride.
"Three" (trail head at top of hill past end of road to right under small tree) was really good fun, has some loose gravel and could bed in a little more but is nice and steep with great gap jump.

haven't ridden possum's but if anyone's willing to give away details, i'ld appreciate a pm with directions to trail head.

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Yeah they did that to the small step down on the start off holy trail too.
If they are going to cut jumps that are small enough already down to pint sized then they should leave the shovel at home
Dam kids.ha ha
Other than that everthing is running smooth.if you get out to thirroul ride the track before the creek, its getting overgrown and its a sick little track
What do you mean 'pint sized' it is bigger than it was before.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I'm in the national park but haven't ridden in the south. Did my first reconnaisance mission to Keira last weekend. Was impressed by the state of tracks, the bottom half has a number of different options, i didn't suss them all but what i rode was looking good.

Not sure of agreed names for different lines but "two" as it was referred by riding mates (trial head starts with step over boulder) was well settled in, the lip of the big drop off half way down is a bit shaggy with bits of timber sticking out, not impeding ride.
"Three" (trail head at top of hill past end of road to right under small tree) was really good fun, has some loose gravel and could bed in a little more but is nice and steep with great gap jump.

haven't ridden possum's but if anyone's willing to give away details, i'ld appreciate a pm with directions to trail head.
Hey Barron, I live in the Nasho too, I'm often doing shuttles down south so if you're keen for a ride sometime give me a yell. :)

Culley

Likes Dirt
i just moved to engadine and pretty keen to check out these DH tracks

any chance of someone inboxing me how to find these places
or if anyones going riding this next week or whenever im trying to find people to ride with

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What do you mean 'pint sized' it is bigger than it was before.
If by "bigger" you mean "completely f***ed up" then yes, bigger. Lucky for those that decided to make it "bigger", it has been scaled back to a size that is within the speed and scope of that trail. I say lucky because I came across a riding friend yesterday who was so annoyed about the changes he was ready to crush skulls, as an older guy who helped build that trail originally I think would be well within his rights. Remember kids, you are not the only people riding the trail(s), you are not the only people working on the trail(s), that trail is ridden uphill and down, day and night by everyone from old guys in their 60's to kids on 20" Mtb's with their parents. Think about that before you dig next time.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
If by "bigger" you mean "completely f***ed up" then yes, bigger. Lucky for those that decided to make it "bigger", it has been scaled back to a size that is within the speed and scope of that trail. I say lucky because I came across a riding friend yesterday who was so annoyed about the changes he was ready to crush skulls, as an older guy who helped build that trail originally I think would be well within his rights. Remember kids, you are not the only people riding the trail(s), you are not the only people working on the trail(s), that trail is ridden uphill and down, day and night by everyone from old guys in their 60's to kids on 20" Mtb's with their parents. Think about that before you dig next time.
I was not in favour of the change but honestly, everyone that complains about the track say they built this built that come on why don't they help maintain for their riding instead of me pat and connor doing hours on end nearly every day for a few weeks straight. This is one thing that gets me worked up everyone can point the finger yet they aren't ready to do any work at all.

my 2 cents dawg

*edit* Not having a dig at you reubs but just the general traffic keira gets.

Last edited:

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was not in favour of the change but honestly, everyone that complains about the track say they built this built that come on why don't they help maintain for their riding instead of me pat and connor doing hours on end nearly every day for a few weeks straight. This is one thing that gets me worked up everyone can point the finger yet they aren't ready to do any work at all.

my 2 cents dawg

*edit* Not having a dig at you reubs but just the general traffic keira gets.
Feel for ya buddy. Haters gonna hate. But shovels build trails.

jmeers

Likes Dirt
Have to agree with you mate, the step down sucks now.
Hook up soon for some shuttles with Damo

bigred86

Likes Bikes
Feel for ya buddy. Haters gonna hate. But shovels build trails.
I hated on it for a reason.firstly its trail etiquette 101 not to alter other peoples features they built.if its too big or too small build your own.secondly when they did alter it is was crap the "booter" was tiny for the distance and you had to work it really hard and bunny hop off the lip to make it.even then it only sent the rider in a flat trajectory.not exactly a fun sort of jump

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hated on it for a reason.firstly its trail etiquette 101 not to alter other peoples features they built.if its too big or too small build your own.secondly when they did alter it is was crap the "booter" was tiny for the distance and you had to work it really hard and bunny hop off the lip to make it.even then it only sent the rider in a flat trajectory.not exactly a fun sort of jump

I'm not disputing that you had a reason.

There's clearly some people trying to maintain trails you ride. Instead of flaming them on a forum, pick up a shovel and offer to help out in person. Feedback is much better received in the context of an offer to help move dirt.

If you believe the current builders are not the "real builders", then have a chat with the real builders and find out if they're still actually involved in maintenance.

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
I'm not disputing that you had a reason.

There's clearly some people trying to maintain trails you ride. Instead of flaming them on a forum, pick up a shovel and offer to help out in person. Feedback is much better received in the context of an offer to help move dirt.

If you believe the current builders are not the "real builders", then have a chat with the real builders and find out if they're still actually involved in maintenance.

Could not have said it any better. I or any of my mates that build up keira weren't really keen on the idea and they moved the lip back to land on the original down ramp not the up ramp of the old step down. But one of us that have been build went up and fixed it back to how it was. So quit complaining it's back to normal and for the berms there will be maintenance on the berm into barrel and out of it in the next few weeks so keep your eyes pealed when coming down fanks boys.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
For those planning on shuttling Holy Trail any time soon -the road will be closed from the archery field up to the hairpin from today until the end of December due to roadworks. Looks like push runs it is :)

The Stinky 1

Likes Dirt
Women these days, pick up a shovel and have a dig you wusses. Ruben i haven't seen you pick up a shovel and do any maintenance yet in my 5 years + of riding prodigy son that you are........ So don't think you own it. When you rebuild wrecked berms, clear overgrown bushes and maintain lips then talk to me.