Women, etc.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Three very wise pieces of advice. Especially the first.

Talking to keep the conversation going is a turn-off. When you come to a conclusion or the end of a point (as in you've both agreed and no more can really be said), sit for a moment. Show confidence that you can be content with your own silence - something too many people can't do. Pensive moments (even though your mind might be racing for another convo-starting topic) are just as important as the words in between. She'll most probably like it, and you won't feel like a twat for repeating what you've already said just to keep the noise flowing.

With the payment thing, as Regan says below, be assertive. Be confident but humble. You don't need to flash $50 notes or read the bill out loud - just act as if you were by yourself. If a girl ever protests with me over a bill I'll say something like "It's okay, you can get the next one" - not cocky, just a calm, suggestive (almost joking) assumption you'll go on another date together soon. It helps break any tension, too, as you'll most probably both smile at each other.

13 months isn't much, especially not once you start getting into your 20's. Be confident about the age thing - most 18 year olds aren't. If she likes going for coffee with her other friends, do something completely different (and I don't mean a movie). There's only so much coffee one chick can be offered per day, and by going somewhere else or doing something different (whether she likes the idea of it or not) you'll be set apart from the rest of the chumps out there.
Following that gets you this ->

:cool:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The "cinema yawn trick". Ye or ne?
Fuck that. Leave your hand sort of open with palm facing upwards on the arm rest. It works. She'll grab your hand if she wants.

As for the age difference Regan, don't worry about it! I had a girl on the boil which went to school with my older brother, me being 20, her being 24. It was great, she was hell of a lot more mature than most girls my age and didn't carry on with alot of the shit that my girl friends my age do. It's onnly 13 months too dude so as Tristan has suggested it means sfa, especially when you get around 20.

But meh, don't take advice from me. I was meant to call a girl two days ago but still haven't.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, never ever do the old flop it out trick, seriously. Turns out most chicks don't like that :confused:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any reason for this? It is bonding with out having to talk much and if worst come to worst, you see a crappy movie
Although it does have certain benefits its a bit cliche, and its the sort of thing everyone did when they where 14.........If you can be a bit more creative then it doesnt radiate the impression that you just want to hook up/ not talk to her/ see a movie. I find after having been going out for a while movies are great, just not first date material.

Combined with the dinner beforehand I don't see the harm. Movie by itself would be too little interaction though...
Yeah I dont mind it then...

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Girls are like sharks man, they can smell fake from a mile away, so just be natural, no matter what you do.

Ixnay on the yawn trick, just try the good old hand hold and see how you go.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Girls are like sharks man, they can smell fake from a mile away, so just be natural, no matter what you do.

Ixnay on the yawn trick, just try the good old hand hold and see how you go.
WTF does that have to do with sharks!?

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Also, should I try and pay the bill, or is that too 'demeaning' for liberated women..?
always foot the bill
i have done it heaps for girls (friends, trying to be more then friends) they all love it, but dont be so cocky about it, be subtle, just like,when you ask for 2 movie tickets, before the clerk asks, hand them a $50 so they realise your paying for the bill,

but never to sublte!

thats the only help i can give :D
more will come, after i have a few more beers

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you want a great first date idea, take her ice skating.

think about it the big fears are talking, touching and keeping the rythem of the date going.

firstly how many of your mates took a chic to an ice skating ring for their first date?

secondly if you can do it (get some lessons if your really hopeless) you can talk help her out, and also make other converstation.

thirdly you can immidatly get over the whole touch her thing when she falls on her ass, give her a hand up and hold it to keep her balanced.

if that fails alchol always makes a night special:p

who...?

Likes Dirt
Have a look at her myspace/ facebook page it should give you a little info about her likes and dislikes and give you an idea of what to talk about and what to stay away from.

But if all else fails try the naked man. Apparently it works 2 out of 3 times.