Women, etc.

I get what you're all saying. She was after the newest season of Glee but had one of her other friends getting it for her. I reckon I might head down to JB and have a look and see if something pops out at me. For the record, I don't think she'd be into of the beauty type stuff. She is into Star Wars but you can only buy someone the boxed set once. I reckon I might even throw together a bunch of smaller things rather than going all out on one single thing.

Thanks once again for all the help. I'll definately just go into it with the mindset of treating her just like any other friend. And I mean that in the nicest way possible. Hell, it saves me from walking into a jewellery shop with no idea of what I'm after.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Also for the record alcohol is a shithouse present idea unless it's something really quality and something they're into like good whiskey/wine/whatever. If she's into absinthe she's not the kind of girl you want to know anyway and you shouldn't bother even buying her a present :nono:
What a surprise, didn't see that one coming from you.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Alright guys, I need some help. Fortunately (I think) I'm not tryin to woo the heart of some fine lady. Instead, I'm stuck with buying a birthday present for a girl. I automatically thought of a nice bracelet or necklace or any number of those type of things girls like, however our history makes me hesitant. For the better part of the year, we were pretty close, we had our fair share of intimate encounters. UNfortunately, it never went any futher than that but we were, and still are pretty good friends. She now has a boyfriend which doesn't help my cause...

As I said, I'm thinking of a bracelet or something similar but I don't want it to send the wrong message. I don't want to seem like I'm trying to outdo her dude, nor do I want it to seem as though I'm trying to re-ignite something. I want it to be simply a "we're good friends and, as you're a girl, I'm getting you a nice girly gift for your birthday." Maybe I'm over thinking it, but some advice would be handy in determining what to get.

My housemate suggested I get her a gift card but that's a bit of a cop out present...
I'm not pushing this onto but I'm reading between the lines here and thinking you want to bang her brains out. My suggestion? Catch her unawares and by herself, perhaps even when she heads up the hallway at a party real soon and push her against the wall, that'll get her attention. Then.....just stare at her (smiling of course, not in a Ted Bundy kind of way) and give her the impression you mean to kiss her. Then, pull the little present out with some nice fancy jewellery packaging on it. This is the moment right now; the moment she weighs up that this present could be either jewellery of a crappy joke where you pretend it's jewellery. Watch her closely and if she hesitates uncomfortably you need to get the fuck out of there, it ain't gonna happen regardless of what's in the box. Now if she keeps looking at the box then slowly looks up at you with "that" look then you know it's time to be that guy she always thinks of. Take control and plant it on her, even if someone is coming up the hallway. You need to make it clear that she is picking you over captain douchebag. He'll understand, he knows there is history and he'll take it like a man knowing that you were the better man all along.
Leave the party and make up for lost time. Don't answer your phone but end any calls that come through so your mates know you're all good, they'll watch your back. ;)
Of course, this plan can be foiled if captain douchebag is tough and this bird sets him onto you for touching his stuff. In that case, you'll have two options: One is to lock yourself in the toilet and brew something really unearthly and stink the house out.....then bolt. The second option is dive through the nearest window and bolt. I mean dive through the glass, smash it to pieces and leave an impression on the girl who may find it arousing to see a guy she obviously has feelings for doing something so manly. Now the positive of that scenario is the fact that captain douchebag won't pursue you because he's a pussy and would look really fucking stupid diving through an already broken and clear window. Who does that! No, he'll just get that "I'll get you Bette Midler" look on his face and badly hug the horny girl. After that? Well, after that you'll be trotting down the street half pissed knowing that whatever you did that night will have lest some sort of positive impression on the girl that may lead to other encounters. You've outshone douchebag and you've set a precedent to show other dudes that they need to really lift their game to impress the girls.
The day after is awkward. Play it cool, say you were a little tipsy and went over the top when all you meant was to give a good friend a nice present. If she see's through then you need to push her against the wall, that'll get.....wait, you did that.

Bugger it, get her an Itunes gift card. If that sucks then get her some TV show DVD that you think is total shit so you won't be reminded of her when you attempt to watch it. If that sucks.........get her a Mastodon album. You'd be a flipping waste-oid to not appreciate the incredible music that Mastodon make. She would probably jump you for that pressie!

Ahh.. Sorry to hear that bro. Probably best she's found another dude though, eh?
Hahaha! I was forced to ditch a bird yonks ago because she bought tickets to a Matchbox Twenty show. That wasn't acceptable. ;)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Yeah, no jewellery (unless you do it like Dozer suggested… that's brilliant!)

On an unrelated note. Everyone knows women are attracted to jerks. But when a wild guy finds a good girl and they hit it off, he will often change for her and settle down, etc. Do you think part of the reason that women find jerks attractive is the thrill of finding a guy who's rough around the edges, who they can use their powers of femininity on to reveal the good bloke he actually is deep down?

I was raised a christian, long story short, I'm loosing my religion at the moment and I've noticed that the less christian I become, the more christian girls seem attracted to me.

The common theme I'm seeing here is: Girls are attracted to wayward guys that they think they can influence with their womanly ways to become that good guy he is deep down.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The common theme I'm seeing here is: Girls are attracted to wayward guys that they think they can influence with their womanly ways to become that good guy he is deep down.
truth in this, used to be a nice christian guy, i used to not even get the bat of an eyelash from the fat chick everyone knew would go for anything that smiled at her... now i'm a dickhead, i put riding bikes and looking at hot ladies above most things and often make rude derogatory remarks about femals, not only do i get unwanted attention from girls, i seem to have secured myself a high quality lady friend, i don't really understand how that works. but she's determined to changed me into the nice guy i used to be... and i'm determined not to change haha

Dozer, I'm almost tempted to go for it just so I can post on here how I end up. But it seems a bit along the lines of putting a sombrero on a bull...

By the sounds of it, I need to be less of a Christian than I already am. I just need to ball up and dive into the deep end rather than trying to nice my way into a girls heart (pants).

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dozer, I'm almost tempted to go for it just so I can post on here how I end up. But it seems a bit along the lines of putting a sombrero on a bull...

By the sounds of it, I need to be less of a Christian than I already am. I just need to ball up and dive into the deep end rather than trying to nice my way into a girls heart (pants).
Haha, so keen to hear the outcome. ;)
Trust me dude, once you age a little you'll see that the dudes who are fuckwits that get the girls are only doing so because those girls are braindead bafoons that you only have in interest in to show your mates up but out of the public eye and spending alone time together is different. You'll soon see why they go for the guys that you may think are pulling the hot chics.
Being a nice guy is where it's at. Once you're out of the teeny bopper years (I'm assuming you aren't above 25 years old here) you'll appreciate a fine woman for what she really is. Looks and sexual appeal are the initial impression but once you get past that stuff and learn to know the woman you'll realise where the real lasting attraction is for people who stay together for ages.
Simply, if you've got feelings for this bird and have a good friendship then you'll need to tell her. It may fuck shit up but it'll change your mindset and who knows? She may feel exactly the same.
A totally unrelated tip: By some weird formula I calculated whilst having a staring competition with a fluro tube I realised the quantity of awesome women in bookshops and libraries far outweighed what you'd get hanging around shitty nightclubs. You'll find more long lasting birds in that scene than you would at an overpriced bar.
Another awesome tip! Get a labrador and spend a ton of time on the beach teaching your dog awesome tricks. The dog loves it, you 'll enjoy it and the amount of fit girls that go out of their way to come over and admire you and your dog is astounding. Even when walking along the beach with my wife and my dog I still get hot birds come along and engage in conversation seemingly because my dog is a charmer and she loves saying G'day to people. You can try borrowing someone's baby to tackle the task the same way but babies cry and when you don't know what to do with a crying baby you'll look like a twit but...............you may get some hottie come over and help you!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Dogs are where its at! And you automatically filter out those who don't like dogs, win win.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't get a lab, get a Rottweiler! But yes, they are incredible for attracting attention and a great opener/conversation point. Especially when they're as cute as this:

8118494122_0ddb8ebfe4.jpg8118490372_440cf40486_n.jpg

Last edited: