Women's Specific Body Armour

Nugs

Likes Bikes
How many chicks out there would buy women's specific body armour if it was available in Australia?
I'm currently waiting for some chix armour from the US. It cost me a mint to have it shipped over and I was complaining about this to my boyfriend. He had a chat with one of our local bike shop owners and he's considering importing it if there's enough demand.
I'd love to hear your feedback.
:)

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
well if it was not pink might consider another trip to aussie to get some......

as nik puts it "I dont do pink"

TerraNik

Likes Dirt
well if it was not pink might consider another trip to aussie to get some......

as nik puts it "I dont do pink"
Ditto.

Though, I have bought my own armour (mens dainese) because I think I'm way too tall to wear chix armour. It fits really well (and even has what looks like boob contours in the chest plate! They're obviously not contoured that way for THAT reason, but it works for me!)

Then again, if there was a store that I could buy chix armour from, I might actually get to try it on rather than making a punt when buying online!!

Toni11

Squid
yes I would consider buying it depending on the fit.
Is there a website that I can have a look at?

Last edited:

Ty

Eats Squid
check-out some moto shops, the body armor is pretty simlar to mtb gear (if not the same in some models) and most shops carry a far larger range than the average mtb shop.

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
yes the moto stores are good... but the amour is different it's sometimes heavier than MTB armour as a motorbike is a lot heaver when it lands on you (trust me on thi one Im learning to motor cross). Chicks armour in NZ moto is all pink which is disgusting and I refuse to wear it

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
my local moto store has a good variety of chiks moto stuff, non of which I like or I find even suits my body shape, more for the ummm bigger busted chicks out there.

At my current size there isnt a huge need for anything specific as such, a size smaller would always be good, but even the womens stuff i have tried the sizes have not been accomdateing.

Probably just inbetween sizes:rolleyes: as always

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
The Dainese stuff fits me OK as is.... 661 sucks bigtime (not flexible enough for the curvy bits ;) )
personaly i like to say that nothing fits well haha OK is the best you can ask for generaly, especialy with things like pressure suits.

male dominated sports ey;)

binner

Hath shat hymself
hey roxy

my local moto store has a good variety of chiks moto stuff, non of which I like or I find even suits my body shape, more for the ummm bigger busted chicks out there.

At my current size there isnt a huge need for anything specific as such, a size smaller would always be good, but even the womens stuff i have tried the sizes have not been accomdateing.

Probably just inbetween sizes:rolleyes: as always
must be Pink ;)

MMelissa

Likes Bikes
I just bought some 661 armour and its ok as long as the breast plate is taken out. Otherwise it wants to stick straight out from my chest! Its ok without it in tho.

I actually asked around various shops for women's specific body armour and they all looked at me like I was an idiot for suggesting that there could be such a thing. I would definately be in the market for women's specific stuff once I am ready for some new armour (I've managed to axe myself enough that my armour is already looking pretty sad after 2 months!). Could be soon!

Pink is ok by me! :eek:

Nugs

Likes Bikes
Rockgardn

I just received my Rockgardn Lady Flak jacket from the states. It fits perfectly and is so comfortable. I'm very pleased with this women's specific armour, but I'm not too pleased about how much it cost to have it shipped over here.

MTB-ChiK

Likes Dirt
I just received my Rockgardn Lady Flak jacket from the states. It fits perfectly and is so comfortable. I'm very pleased with this women's specific armour, but I'm not too pleased about how much it cost to have it shipped over here.
Yes freight can be pricey from the US, but at least our AUD$ value is a lot stronger now, so goods from the States are a lot cheaper which can offset the shipping cost. It also makes it worthwhile for the gear you can't get easily in Australia, yet - I like Rockgardn gear & have a pair of their DH shorts (mens) They do the job & are comfy enough! I also wear the 661 Pressure Suit Pro, (after I went down to a size S) it fit me a lot better than the medium, but the chest plate does still stick out a little bit... Verdict: these suits are ok if you don't have large bOObs, LOL

yakinAway

Likes Dirt
Yes freight can be pricey from the US, but at least our AUD$ value is a lot stronger now, so goods from the States are a lot cheaper which can offset the shipping cost. It also makes it worthwhile for the gear you can't get easily in Australia, yet - I like Rockgardn gear & have a pair of their DH shorts (mens) They do the job & are comfy enough! I also wear the 661 Pressure Suit Pro, (after I went down to a size S) it fit me a lot better than the medium, but the chest plate does still stick out a little bit... Verdict: these suits are ok if you don't have large bOObs, LOL
Id have to agree about the boobs thing... n yeah I tried all sorts n my xs seems to work the best

SCF

Squid
Hi Nugs
I also have the Lady Flak Jacket.
I was wondering how you find it for length?.
I am 168cm tall and find that its a tad shorter in the body than I would like, other than that I have no complaints.
Emms

exvitermini

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I know I should not be in this area(I swear I was checking out the new posts tap!;))

but is this the armour you are talking about?

as I am about 80% sure I have seen it in a local moto shop

Nugs

Likes Bikes
To Exvitermini,

Yes, that is the Lady Flak Jacket. Whereabouts did you see it?

To SCF,

I find the length fine, but I'm also 152cm tall. I also don't mind the pink, most of the time I wear it under a jersey so it's really not a big deal. :) or maybe everyone would prefer this colour :eek: