working week 8hr 2009?

chops007

Likes Dirt
Which is the same weekend as the State Round at Ourimbah :(

...I'll be grumpy if he does that.

Cheers
Gonz
me 2....

i really wana do some endurance stuff before august and before the cold sets in....

not passing up a ride at ourimbah
mmmm i get my own bed before the race..

who knoows what race is on at nowra on the 24th then??

bear the bear

Is a real bear
me 2....

i really wana do some endurance stuff before august and before the cold sets in....

not passing up a ride at ourimbah
mmmm i get my own bed before the race..

who knoows what race is on at nowra on the 24th then??
see back a page or so, its an orientation event

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spoonie Whats the chances he moves the the Nowra round{ I think I just checked the website and the date is gone again} to stop the clash with the state series but opens the appin round on the day of schools race. My only consolation is that its at appin which i wouldn't exactly class junior friendly.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
last round in a few weeks. website says it's at sparrow, entry portal says it's at stromlo. can someone in the know confirm which one before i cough up my hard-earned entry fee? keen to do 8hrs of sparrow...

Squims

Likes Bikes
99.9% sure it's Sparrow Hill. I understand the organisers of the World's don't want lead-up events like the ACT schools championships (Friday 28/8/09) and the 8 hr (Sunday 30/8/09) roaring around Stromlo so close to their big event. So that's why the schools event is at Majura and the 8 hr at Sparrow.
Suits me!

cods

Likes Bikes
Team mate wanted "Junior"

We are looking for a team for our Son to ride with at Sparrow 8hr.
He is 11 years old and has done some events before.
His last solo race was a 3 hr which he finished.
Any Junior teams looking for a rider please give me a call
Ian King
Mob 0402763153

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Is anyone here in a position to provide some details about this weekend ?

Will there be any chance of a Sat arvo rego?
Lap length or layout confirmed?

If the rain brings the track up to the level it was for the Mont this year it will be sensational !!!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Is anyone here in a position to provide some details about this weekend ?

Will there be any chance of a Sat arvo rego?
Lap length or layout confirmed?
According to the event's web page
http://www.enduromtb.com/index.php?...rticle&id=72:week-6&catid=63:week-6&Itemid=87

- laps are around 14km, and pre-rego is open Saturday 14:00 - 20:00, with rego on Sunday being from 06:00 - 08:00. (Is there a difference between pre-rego and rego, really? Not sure...)

Seriously considering this for my first "true" endurance event, not counting half the Three Ring Circus. Sparrow will be just primo with this weather :D

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
According to the event's web page
http://www.enduromtb.com/index.php?...rticle&id=72:week-6&catid=63:week-6&Itemid=87

- laps are around 14km, and pre-rego is open Saturday 14:00 - 20:00, with rego on Sunday being from 06:00 - 08:00. (Is there a difference between pre-rego and rego, really? Not sure...)

Seriously considering this for my first "true" endurance event, not counting half the Three Ring Circus. Sparrow will be just primo with this weather :D
Perfect thanks !!

chops007

Likes Dirt
the sparrow was chased..

i thought yesterday went really well

the timing was tops u could finish ya lap and ur time was up instantly, it was great to follow things at the pointy end..

there even was series result(sorry i didnt stick around for ur preso my legs were about to snap from the cold)

watching some world champ riders battle it out was impressive i seen the nz guys do a transition and blast up the fireroad with the whole crowd watching like it was a model strutting her stuff on the catwalk..(all heads turn to follow the action)..

how many raced?????

well done stu..

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
I see castech's timing is online here too, so there is some results.

Some impressive timing as you say chops, shame I missed seeing you out there bro, I guess you were probably flying past me too quick for me to make you out :)

And yes, a well run race, a top day out indeed!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Another great day at Sparrows... can those trails possibly get any better ??!!

I did a ride on Sat arvo and the worn Small Block 8 on the rear really didnt like the conditions at all... (so I put a less worn one on)
First lap on Sunday was a little better, but after a few laps that back half of the track was pure bliss. If I could put that in a bottle and sell it, I would be a wealthy man.

Nice to see the internationals smashing the course too.

chops007

Likes Dirt
I see castech's timing is online here too, so there is some results.

Some impressive timing as you say chops, shame I missed seeing you out there bro, I guess you were probably flying past me too quick for me to make you out :)

And yes, a well run race, a top day out indeed!
dam i thouht that was u big jase.. green and yellow outfit???? (i was in pink) as u know...

yea the sb8 was not the best tyre on the sat or the start...the mud out the back well everyone was chopping thru that, face forward or sideways... but the track just got faster n faster and my 3rd race with a smb8 and the smiles just got bigger n bigger...

theme of the day was just let it slide :)