World Championships: Senior DH Results

'Ross

Eats Squid
This news really shocks me mainly because I don't follow the international dh scene. It was sports tonights PLAY OF THE DAY which was pretty impressive, there was at least 4 seconds of footage. It begs the question if 4 of the top 6 were Aussies how come we don't have such a big following of downhill and better tracks?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
if 4 of the top 6 were Aussies how come we don't have such a big following of downhill and better tracks?

HUH?

Per capita, id say we have a massive DH following!

Anyway - back on topic - YEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOW:D

good work lads

demo man

Used to be cool.
This news really shocks me mainly because I don't follow the international dh scene. It was sports tonights PLAY OF THE DAY which was pretty impressive, there was at least 4 seconds of footage. It begs the question if 4 of the top 6 were Aussies how come we don't have such a big following of downhill and better tracks?
because so few DHers are willing to put in the work required to gain trail access and get grants etc.

While australia is right up there (one of the best if not THE in the DH disciplin at least) we are far behind in Government awareness and funding. That's because very few people go and talk to the Govt.

HUGE props to all the Aussie riders who went to the Worlds, the same for all the Aussies who travelled over to support them.
Congrats to all those who did well!

YEAH HILL!!!!

big whitey

Likes Bikes
world champs

happened to be sitting in front of telly,watching ch 9 sport(shite),I noticed that they did not even mention that AUS had 2 new world champs.what a pathetic sports coverage ,by a bunch of wankers,luckily,it was on sbs

G-Man

Likes Dirt
Well done

Aussie world champs - Such a nice ring to it ..

Well done to all the Aussies over in NZ giving it a good
hit out on that crazy hill..

Props to Clair for the top result in the Senior Girls ..

Foxy is wishing whe was there smashing it up with you
all - she's been glued to the computer all weekend ..
Ah well maby next year ..

Go Auaaie Go ......

G-man outy

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It is very amusing that Iron Horse bikes were once considered to be a "Rebel Sport" special and no one that had any idea on what was a good thing ever wanted one. Now they have won a world cup and the champs and every second person rides one.:p
Do you think Huffy or Konya are thinking of stepping it up and producing a world beater?:rolleyes:
Just an observation.....

ajay

It is very amusing that Iron Horse bikes were once considered to be a "Rebel Sport" special and no one that had any idea on what was a good thing ever wanted one. Now they have won a world cup and the champs and every second person rides one.:p
Do you think Huffy or Konya are thinking of stepping it up and producing a world beater?:rolleyes:
Just an observation.....
Ironhorse have been considered as good quality bikes for a long time...

S.

ex offender
Ironhorse have been considered as good quality bikes for a long time...

Only about 3, maybe 4 years really. The original (2002.5) Hollowpoint was the first *quality* bike they produced, and even those had some issues with metal-on-metal topouts. Before that they were simply Taiwanese catalog bikes.

ajay

Only about 3, maybe 4 years really. The original (2002.5) Hollowpoint was the first *quality* bike they produced, and even those had some issues with metal-on-metal topouts. Before that they were simply Taiwanese catalog bikes.
ok, what i was leaning more towards is that they have been considered good bikes (ie azonic - not bad, not outstanding but certainly competitive).
The only reason they have taken off is the new design and the affordability.