World Championships - Val di Sole DH Results

Gripo

Eats Squid
a rider and a bicycle at the limit

Similar thoughts lads, I guess Gee and Peaty we're the lucky ones for what could have been a very humbling result......if only...

Here's the run again....awesome.....a rider and a bicycle at the limit.........

[youtube]IYjTzq2xisU[/youtube]

Last edited:

demo man

Used to be cool.
On the whole Gee Atherton thing, I don't know what was said, but it may be something as simple as he did not know Sam had crashed when he said whatever he said.

I remember hearing him say he didn't want to know how the racing was going while he was waiting to start, so you never know, might just be a lack of relevant information at the time.

Regardless of that - what a fantastic race.

kulDoctah

Likes Bikes
On the whole Gee Atherton thing, I don't know what was said, but it may be something as simple as he did not know Sam had crashed when he said whatever he said.

I remember hearing him say he didn't want to know how the racing was going while he was waiting to start, so you never know, might just be a lack of relevant information at the time.
Yep, and also everything that's been said was said in sort of extreme emotions, right? I mean none of us can really imagine what it feels like to be the new world champion in downhill :rolleyes:
Not that it's ok to say something rude or stupid, but I guess everybody does that sometimes :) And yes, we're still not even sure of what was said exactly...:)

Regardless of that - what a fantastic race.
Yes indeed! Even more exciting thanks to the streaming :p Sam's run for me was like listening to the radio really, with Warner yelling most of the time, and the other guy just repeating 'Hoo! Hohohohoho!...' :D and then a big 'AAAAAAAA OMG' and then it cut me off!! Thank God for the Farkin chat, or else I think I would of gotten a stroke or sth, from all the emotions :)

Hubby watched Sam's run carefully and figured out that at the moment of the crash he was 5.9 secs up on Gee!!
The race was absolutely amazing. Why can't they just show it on the tv, why oh why!...:( All they're showing here now is freakin euro 2008, who cares :p :)

gTUz

Likes Bikes
I could watch that vid on a loop for hours. It's just mind blowing. inspirational doesn't cover it, but he's single handedly made me step it up on the trails! Just back it in!
What ever Gee says will be long forgotten in the wake of Sam's results. He's got a long time left in his career and he'll def show Gee and the others what it takes to be a true profressional and what fast riding really is.

tnankie

Likes Dirt
hey ho, thats racing.

Mind you I think its fairly stupid to say Gee beat Sam. I see it as Sam beat Sam.

Especially stupid to say you kicked his arse.

But my opion of Gee was never that high to begin with.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One another note. Congrats to Justin Leov, thats a pretty damn good result. In fact all the kiwis did pretty awesome.

Was also going to say that the aussies had shit luck as a whole when you think about it.

Rennie may as well have crashed
Bryn went down mega hard
Rando mechanical
Delfs crash

tadders

Likes Dirt
Was also going to say that the aussies had shit luck as a whole when you think about it.

Rennie may as well have crashed
Bryn went down mega hard
Rando mechanical
Delfs crash
gee wizz you didnt have to tell it like it is:( haha
congrats to o'connor!

Yea Bryns Crash was hard as Bars and pedal + Him hit the inbankment did like a side flip over the bars but the champ still got up and finished:D