World Cup #2 - Andorra DH Live

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
For all you confused people out there, the downhill will be airing live at 10pm tonight (Aus east cost GMT10+). Check out our live coverage info page here. In all likeliness it won't finish untill about midnight so make sure you have some coffee and snacks.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah... to stay up or not? I have exams next day. Might watch a bit. Starts at 7pm here :p

Joy

Likes Dirt
Ah man, I have a big assignment due tomorrow. Looks like I'll be working hard to have it finished by then

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah man, I have a big assignment due tomorrow. Looks like I'll be working hard to have it finished by then
lol just do dont it. ive got heaps due i never do it.
is the coverage on this website or tv.
im in victoria so if tv what channel and time

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what would be the minimum internet connection speed

peace todd
Last year I watched the worlds from ft william on mtbcut with a 512k connection. Low res , but watchable.

The other week I tried to watch Maribor on the same connection , but both mtbcut and freecaster didn't work too well. Audio streamed okay , but the video was lagging , I had to refresh every 5 minutes to get them back in sync. I'm guessing this was due to server overload , but I wasn't taking any chances on missing any more races , so I upgraded to 1500k.

Last night the 4X worked spot on from mtbcut , good enough to go full screen , sit back on the couch and take it all in. 1 hour of viewing was 400meg last night with the 1500k connection.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
How much space to you think watching the whole of the DH would take up?

I have used 94% of my 20Gig download for the month. The new month starts on tuesday, and my dad needs the internet for work.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anything to do with bikes or dh racing is more important than school. school work is at the bottom of my list of things i gotta do

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
yeap its fine to watch the video in the page I linked to. That's pretty much the same stream that all websites are using.

Connection wise I think the bare minimum is 512k, but 1500k is recommended.

For 2 hours viewing you'd be looking at around 400MB in download quota.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys, not to good with computer. so i have a queston. my internet speed says 54.0 mpbs. is that going to be fast enough to watch? as i'd love to watch it.

pfft school..... already had my exams on friday easy sailing now :)

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
hey guys, not to good with computer. so i have a queston. my internet speed says 54.0 mpbs. is that going to be fast enough to watch? as i'd love to watch it.

pfft school..... already had my exams on friday easy sailing now :)
I believe that is your wireless connection to your router. Your actual Internet connection speed will be different. Best bet is to try a feed on freecaster or mtbcut.tv to see if its fast enough.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe that is your wireless connection to your router. Your actual Internet connection speed will be different. Best bet is to try a feed on freecaster or mtbcut.tv to see if its fast enough.
oh yes that'd be right :eek:

yeh i was just on mtbcut and the qualifing and other things were playing fine. not the best quality a bit grainy but good enough.