World cup team changes rumor thread

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Learn to computer

And just for good measure. He is really entertaining to watch. It'd be great to see him put some fast times down this year.

vimeo linky

[video=vimeo;122842529]https://vimeo.com/122842529[/video]

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
And just for good measure. He is really entertaining to watch. It'd be great to see him put some fast times down this year.

[video=vimeo;122842529]https://vimeo.com/122842529[/video]
A lot of us have ridden the trails in this video and it still astounds me how fucking big he is going on this stuff. It's easily my favorite video of the last few years and got me super stoked as he unleashed it the day I woke up in Queenstown. This and Reece Potter's stuff in New Zealand are bloody amazing. Long live the Kiwi's in downhill. ;)

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
A lot of us have ridden the trails in this video and it still astounds me how fucking big he is going on this stuff. It's easily my favorite video of the last few years and got me super stoked as he unleashed it the day I woke up in Queenstown. This and Reece Potter's stuff in New Zealand are bloody amazing. Long live the Kiwi's in downhill. ;)
Link won't work for me...

Tackta23

Likes Dirt
That would have been the shiny new Commencal that he's signed to ride! It's awesome news, great to see him on a good team still so we can enjoy his lunacy. George is awesome.
Sure was mighty fine in the flesh. Great that he is still going to be kicking on the circuit.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Finally!! Huge signing.... must be worth a bloody fortune!

heavyp

You heard it here first
Finally!! Huge signing.... must be worth a bloody fortune!
Official..............where, show me show me!!!

I hope its all bullshit and YT have just got an off season full of free marketing, also love how it says a Germanic alliance when Redbull are Austrian!

Be interested to know if anyone even Gwin is getting close to the $1,000,000USD Palmer was getting back in the late 90's from Specialized.

ajay

Ahh NSMB changed the title of their article, but there was no denial from Gwin so..... YT, KTM, Audi and RedBull - All German, bar RedBull. Damn he's got a good manager!

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
KTM are Austrian too, at least that's where they're made. Is their backing purely a cross training thing? Just like MX guys being sponsored by specialized and tweeting about training on their bikes

Ivan

Eats Squid

I hope its all bullshit and YT have just got an off season full of free marketing, also love how it says a Germanic alliance when Redbull are Austrian!

Be interested to know if anyone even Gwin is getting close to the $1,000,000USD Palmer was getting back in the late 90's from Specialized.

Google Germanic.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Was Palmer really on $1 million? In "Don't back down" when they're interviewing him about leaving the sport he said "Specialized didn't want to renew my deal for the same amount of money" and "$300k to ride my bike was pretty special to me". Assumed he would have been paid more by other sponsors (eg Mt Dew) but not that much by spesh alone?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Aaron Gwin just now. All these sites and magazines dropping the exclusive breaking news, game changer lines, we're excited to finally reveal etc etc..........it's all fucking crap until the official announcement comes and as fun as speculating is; printing the shit is pretty lame, especially when you have to edit the thing to say it isn't actually official but is in fact just some ore rumors. Then, then they say that Gwin hasn't denied it so it must be true! Fucking hell, the editor of these joints needs his / her balls kicked in.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Aaron Gwin just now. All these sites and magazines dropping the exclusive breaking news, game changer lines, we're excited to finally reveal etc etc..........it's all fucking crap until the official announcement comes and as fun as speculating is; printing the shit is pretty lame, especially when you have to edit the thing to say it isn't actually official but is in fact just some ore rumors. Then, then they say that Gwin hasn't denied it so it must be true! Fucking hell, the editor of these joints needs his / her balls kicked in.
Yup, it pretty poor journalism, but it is bicycle journalism, so that's pretty standard.

Out of curiosity, why doesn't gwin just state who the new frame sponsors is? Is the delay just to drum up more attention and therefore free advertising? or are there legalities involved?

ajay

If all the hype was pointed at a company that isnt sponoring him, his actual sponsors would definitely cut that off. No sense in another brand getting all this publicity on the back of a huge deal with someone else.

I be YT et al are loving this, and they're likely thanking the said editors :p

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm almost lost in all the suggestions on Gwin but has it been said anywhere that he isn't on Troy Lee Designs and will be Flying another kit?