World cup team changes rumor thread

Yep, Anneke. I too was a little surprised when the announcement was made that she was leaving the Big S. As you point out, she gets results & is quite the multi-discipline bike rider like Jared.

Last edited:

Odissius

Likes Dirt
Gwin riding a yt frame sponsored by Audi is a rumour I heard today on a substantial salary
Be mad if he was going to ride for Intense. Would love to see that M16 masterpiece get ridden at warp speed. YT are ugly and the fastest boys should be on the prettiest bikes.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Troy and Loic would be great. Push the bejesus out of each other I'd reckon.
Definitely. They are the 2 riders who are setting the new bench mark in pace, just need to stop crashing!

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Win looks like he's staying put...

Gotta say the idea of Gwin riding for YT has seemed far-fetched to me since the beginning. Given his propensity to stay in Cali during the off season I can't imagine him hooking up with a Euro based team in terms of testing etc. Saw this on Instagram this morning. It's video and he is very clearly riding a Spesh...

Attachments

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
The look on Greg's face when Rob said the Gwin thing was that of "Don't you reveal it!". Could Gwin be getting on a Santa Cruz? Could he be the guy to fill the gap after Peaty retires?
That's exactly what I thought. Or he was stoked because he knows what Gwinn is like one a new bike.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The look on Greg's face when Rob said the Gwin thing was that of "Don't you reveal it!". Could Gwin be getting on a Santa Cruz? Could he be the guy to fill the gap after Peaty retires?
No disrespect to Santa Cruz but realistically could they even afford Gwin in his current form? Despite if people dislike them, they can't truthfully deny that Specialized are one of the biggest bike company's in the world and can pay more than most other company's. Only way I can see Gwin leaving is through an outside company being the primary sponsor, not a bike brand.

Is there anything beyond friendship between Fearon and Shaw? Connor posted up a pic of them both training in the gym together here in Australia. I know he was here for Cannonball but just assumed they'd managed to pay to get some international riders here to increase the calibre of the event.