World cup team changes rumor thread

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
s1200_IMG_4108.jpg

This got posted over in vital, probably the same bike Loic was testing. Let the 29er rumours fly...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's been officially announced that Vergier is off Specialized Gravity and Luca Shaw is off the SRAM team. Should we expect an announcement from the Syndicate camp any day soon?
How likely is it that YT would add another guy to the squad to get two top level riders? Who'd be your pick?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
It's been officially announced that Vergier is off Specialized Gravity and Luca Shaw is off the SRAM team. Should we expect an announcement from the Syndicate camp any day soon?
How likely is it that YT would add another guy to the squad to get two top level riders? Who'd be your pick?
Imagine Troy on YT . Both he and Gwin have a good relationship although general consensus is Canyon for Troy . Whatever he rides I hope 2017 is a cracker for him .

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Imagine Troy on YT . Both he and Gwin have a good relationship although general consensus is Canyon for Troy . Whatever he rides I hope 2017 is a cracker for him .
I have it from very good sources that it'll be canyon. He is really excited with how the bikes work.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Troy is no longer hash tagging Specialized in his posts on Facebook etc, announcement soon?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sooooo, Bryceland is saying not to listen to what Claudio is saying and he may be racing still? Is this what happens when the mushrooms where off? :frusty:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Sooooo, Bryceland is saying not to listen to what Claudio is saying and he may be racing still? Is this what happens when the mushrooms where off? :frusty:
Says he's not retired. Doesn't mean he'll be racing WC DH.

bgarry

Likes Bikes
Just seen on FB that Troy Brosnan has announced his departure from Specialized after 7 years

Thank you Specialized Bicycles for an amazing 7 years! It has been one crazy roller coaster with many smiles and laughter, from winning two Jr World Championships to being a consistent podium rider. Couldn't have come this far without your drive and support. Much love to everyone that has helped me along my journey with #Specialized and here's to riding bikes! Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbqClFJvGI&feature=youtu.be

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Just seen on FB that Troy Brosnan has announced his departure from Specialized after 7 years
It's cool to know he got such a cracking good result in Thredbo in what could be his last race on a Specialized. It's been a good vintage for them and he's been known as "that Specialized guy" for a fair while. Good on Troy for being such a good example. ;)

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
It's cool to know he got such a cracking good result in Thredbo in what could be his last race on a Specialized. It's been a good vintage for them and he's been known as "that Specialized guy" for a fair while. Good on Troy for being such a good example. ;)
A sponsors dream, he'll do any company top honors. The internet broke with speculation, but I won't partake. All the best Troy!

Thank you Specialized Bicycles for an amazing 7 years! It has been one crazy roller coaster with many smiles and laughter, from winning two Jr World Championships to being a consistent podium rider. Couldn't have come this far without your drive and support. Much love to everyone that has helped me along my journey with #Specialized and here's to riding bikes! Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbqClFJvGI&feature=youtu.be
Got to give Specialized credit for the way they've handled two of the more popular riders leaving in both Troy Brosnan and Sam Hill.
Neat little video edits to wish them the best and thank them for their efforts. Bit of class.
Hope he goes on to take it all eventually. Really like his style on a bike.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Got to give Specialized credit for the way they've handled two of the more popular riders leaving in both Troy Brosnan and Sam Hill.
Neat little video edits to wish them the best and thank them for their efforts. Bit of class.
Hope he goes on to take it all eventually. Really like his style on a bike.
And Aaron Gwin, he got a nice send off too. ;)

Speaking of Speciailized, I haven't noticed Bruni say he is on anything yet....................

cammas

Seamstress
And Aaron Gwin, he got a nice send off too. ;)

Speaking of Speciailized, I haven't noticed Bruni say he is on anything yet....................
Greg Minaar posted on instagram the he was the fastest on the syndicate team and Loic was hot on his heels at training that day.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dozer can you split this into a 2017 WC Team changes rumour thread please.
I renamed it, splitting it is a big job.

Greg Minaar posted on instagram the he was the fastest on the syndicate team and Loic was hot on his heels at training that day.
Did it mention what bike Bruni was on? I fear we won't see a Specialized downhill team and they'll just run an Enduro team.

cammas

Seamstress
I renamed it, splitting it is a big job.

Did it mention what bike Bruni was on? I fear we won't see a Specialized downhill team and they'll just run an Enduro team.
Nothing about what he was on but seemed to to be a Santa Cruz team event as Danny Macaskill (I don't know if that is spelt right) was there as well.