Antony Moore (QLD)

Downhill (DHI) - Junior Women
Holly Baarspul (WA)
Emily Hockey (SA)

Trials 26" – Elite Men

Joe Brewer (VIC)
Andrew Dickey (VIC )
Nathan Mummery (VIC)

The final date for appeals has been extended to COB (EST) Monday 5th July. Appeals can only be considered in accordance with the process and procedure given in Section A (General Selection Eligibility Criteria and Appeals Guide), Clause 8.

More info here.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKelly

teh fast
I was sure I'd see Ben Cory's name on that list after the killer results he had last national series winning it and all??

feltq650

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryan Hunt in 4X?
no disrespect to ryan,good rider and definatly should be part of the team.
habicht and levinson went to wc's this year and qualified and did fairly well, ryan didnt and hasn't yet. Habicht also got into the main at national champs (so did muddy). There are others that missed out that should be in there. I really dont know why they've choosen only four when they can take eight?
hopefully there are some appeals logged.

A couple of questions: If you have not been picked for the Australia team does that mean you can't race at the Worlds? Or does this just mean you don't have money from the Australian Government?

And where are the Elite Womens DH riders? There are a few who race the World Cup. They are middle of the pack, but they are racing none the less. Sarsha Huntington is our best at the moment. Can she not be picked for DH and 4X?

Beechie

Banned
A couple of questions: If you have not been picked for the Australia team does that mean you can't race at the Worlds? Or does this just mean you don't have money from the Australian Government?

And where are the Elite Womens DH riders? There are a few who race the World Cup. They are middle of the pack, but they are racing none the less. Sarsha Huntington is our best at the moment. Can she not be picked for DH and 4X?
The Australian government funding mountain biking -that would be a new thing mountain biking gets zero money from the government. ZERO funding or care or interest.

Australia has no competitive Female Elite DH. Great girls and competitive among themselves.

MTBA is the only body to help fund the team. That's where membership money goes to.
Given this it's no wonder that it appears that good Aussie riders are not there BUT are they good on the world stage and did they apply for the team and did they meet the selection criteria??????

Could ask where is Jongewaard?

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could ask where is Jongewaard?
After spending the past 6 months in prison I would suggest parole restrictions would not allow him overseas travel. Would be good to see though as from all reports he is looking very strong!

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
I was sure I'd see Ben Cory's name on that list after the killer results he had last national series winning it and all??
Nearly forgot about him. Would love to see him in the team, definitely deserves it and arguably needs it more then some.

Stealth

Likes Bikes
Nearly forgot about him. Would love to see him in the team, definitely deserves it and arguably needs it more then some.
Pretty much national series results dont count at all for world champs selection, even though it's in the criteria, if you arent racing world cups, you arent going to be selected. Which is why no Ryan Hunt for 4X either.

Just curious as to why you think Ben Cory "needs" to be selected for world champs? He's made no secret that he just likes racing his bike and isnt really concerned with racing internationally and being a paid professional. Although there is no doubt he could.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
I guess mostly because he's arguably into his peak and has less time then say O'Connor to be up on the top where most would love to see him. I think if he got a sniff he would be a little less laid back to say the least.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
How many people are they allowed to select for each category? Its just i dont see why they can't have maximum numbers because its not costing cycling australia money. Also where is Daniel Lavis, Jake newell, Rando, Button and Gower? Im certain those guys would be quite willing to race.

stevenw

Pro Rider
How many people are they allowed to select for each category? Its just i dont see why they can't have maximum numbers because its not costing cycling australia money. Also where is Daniel Lavis, Jake newell, Rando, Button and Gower? Im certain those guys would be quite willing to race.
Will Gower hasn't raced since practice at the world champs where he crashed and broke his back. His mother sold his bikes and from what I heard, he hasn't been on a downhill bike since.

The selection policy is there for a reason. The Elite men know that to be selected in the Australian team, they have to either win Australian Champs, Oceania's or get a top 10 in a world cup in the last year. All the elite DH men picked have got a top 10 in the last year. Unfortunately, Rhys, Rando and Button haven't had a top ten result overseas. Rhys came close with a 13th in Maribor.

For some reason 4X seem to have their own set of rules that can change at anytime. I wish DH was given some slack but its alot harder to be selected, because of all the talent we have in Australia.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Cross Country (XCO) - Junior Men
Kyle Ward (NSW)
Mitchell Codner (NSW)
Trenton Day (NSW)
Cameron Ivory (NSW)
Great to see Trenton and Cameron from HMBA rewarded for their hard work. Both are really flying at the moment.