Worlds Ugliest Bike

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what is that giant xc bike where the rear drop out and lower swing arm are about 4 inches below the centre line of the back wheel. i think it is the NRS. now that is a fuckin ugly bike. ( sorry farkin user yellow. your other bike is beautiful. )

Dumbellina

Likes Dirt
Johnny - talk about get porked on your bike....

Remember those slingshot bikes with the wire downtube. Or Bianci's attempt at a DH bike - it had more linkages than I've had .... well porks on the bike.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
it looks like its supposes to be a folding bike at first glance, but then you are just like.. YUK

Sam The Man

Likes Dirt
i can understand why some kona's like the 04 base model stinky, kingkikapu etc are ugly, but what about the stuff, 05 stinky, roast etc?
what makes them ugly?

captainmorgan

Likes Dirt
Hard tail Konas look ok, it's just the design of the rear linkage of the suspension. It just looks an ungly, overengineered way of making a single pivot.
And Kona's seem to be favoured by the young riders.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sam The Man said:
i can understand why some kona's like the 04 base model stinky, kingkikapu etc are ugly, but what about the stuff, 05 stinky, roast etc?
what makes them ugly?
I think the whole stinky look is ugly because it doesn't have that streamlined look to it. Maybe the angles don't work together to make it sexy, they look tough, but not appealing to the eye. I ride one myself and know they work well, but to look at, no thanks!

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
Actually, just noticed the grammer on that link, for the [DEEP ANNOUNCER VOICE] "MTX-R" [/DEEP ANNOUNCER VOICE]....

Description
This is Shimano 27 speed Deore equipped Cross Country bike. With heavy duty Fish-bone frame and disc brake system, typecal XC specification, it can be sure you will enjoy every moment of ridding the bike.
...so, looks like you can't wait to be rid of the bike....

:eek:

zids

Likes Dirt
captainmorgan said:
Hard tail Konas look ok, it's just the design of the rear linkage of the suspension. It just looks an ungly, overengineered way of making a single pivot.
And Kona's seem to be favoured by the young riders.

well, that does contradict your previous post "all konas are ugly" and then what does younger riders favouring them have to do with wether they look good or not?

personally i agree with anga, who ever designed it should be forced to ride it in public, then beaten to death

Last edited: