would you like this job?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't free climb, thats requires some pretty big gonads, sure it's definitely not a hard climb or anything, but fuck ~538m is a long way to fall

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I don't understand why they'd want to be trailing their tool bag ... surely you'd have a streamlined backpack or some kinda vest ... unless they were also packing chutes, which they didn't seem to have :confused:

I wonder what the pay is like.

They'd be elecs I guess ??

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Seems kinda pointless to wear a helmet :rolleyes:
They'd have to get some pretty damn strong gusts of wind at the top..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Antennae work isn't all that great, I reckon. The best money for Rope Access work is in the oil industry whereas civils work in the city is low paid but you get out in the sun, can usually just take a lift to the top and there are always heaps of hot office chicks to perv on. Early knock-offs too!

Antennae work combines the crap pay of the latter with the tedium and isolation of the former and the added fun of having your insides microwaved by the death rays that emit from the dishes.

Bitch of a climb, too!

This was a cushy civils job a few years ago on the NAB building in Melbourne. I'm taking the photo...

huffypilot

Likes Bikes
What a classic . When I work on A Xstrata or BHPB site they want us tethered if we go above 1.8 meters on anything that isnt a normal work place.Wouldnt want to be below if they drop a spanner.

DH - racer

Likes Dirt
oh wow, that would be a pretty cool job, although i reckon it could get pretty cold up that high. and thats just crazy stuff doin it without saftey stuff connected till breaks

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Can they jump off with chutes when they're done(rhetorical question), cause I think going down would be worse.