WoW nerd plays his 36 accounts at the same time.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla

I submit evidence of one man, which I am going to use to paint all World of Warcraft players as subhuman scumworms who deserve to be shot. This creature owns 36 WoW accounts, plays them at the same time on 11 computers, and goes on solo raids. He can't even make friends in a videogame.

The WoW nutbag goes by the name of Bradster, leading me to believe it is our very own Brad Nicholson. The 36 accounts costs him $5711 in subscription fees: "Not bad considering I’m looking at it like it’s a hobby and there are more expensive hobbies out there than World of Warcraft."

Yeah, there are also worse crimes than raping a woman, but I'm not going to do that either.

Bradster also has designs on 36 copies of Wrath of the Lich King, which will run him to another $1500. He has chosen to do this simply because he wants to invade Stormwind and Ironforge. By himself.

I fully believe that when the atomic bomb drops, it is not cockroaches that will survive, but World of Warcraft players, all of them angry that the loud noise put 'em off their looting. Freaks.
http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=14611&pageNo=1
http://www.destructoid.com/hail-the...07309.phtml&usg=__2z2IpwV3yM1VMbjt4glFjdZ9n18

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I love his electricity bill.
Elecy bill....try cooling!!! He'd want to have a decent air conditioner! lol

And he's playing on pissy HP notebooks and the 2 desktops I see look crap as well. He should have spent the $5k on a decent setup!

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why did the article rip shit on this guy?
It'd be quite a hard task doing what he does.

floody

Wheel size expert
Because its WoW and he's a f#ckin' dork?
Even model train geezers are less dorky than that, at least their hobby is tangible and physical.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Because its WoW and he's a f#ckin' dork?
Even model train geezers are less dorky than that, at least their hobby is tangible and physical.
I beg to differ. WoW involves, if you want to get any satisfaction out of the game at all, communication with other, real people, whereas model train geezers lock themselves in their garages and play with themselves.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
said:
Thank you for your wonderful compliments! Very appreciated. However, my room is very cool. So cool in fact, when a friend came over recently, he put on a jacket because he said it was 'freezing in here'. With winter arriving, I don't need to run my air conditioner either. The window fan works just fine.

Yea it would be cool to be in the Guiness Book of World Records 2009 as the player boxing the most characters in the World! (of Warcraft)... However, once that happened, some CEO would spend his millions to surpass the amount I have currently just to get into the world record book and then I'd have to spend my CEO millions to do the same to surpass him.

Yes, it is worth it to me. I'd rather be here spending the amount I'm spending now on something I enjoy doing than spending it something that I don't enjoy doing... What would you rather be? The worshipped or the worshipper? It all depends on who is doing what and to whom...
And now that I'm at 44 accounts, it's $6858.72 in total for the entire year in subscription costs. For the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, it will be about $1900 with tax.

Let's see now, I can't buy a brand new car for that amount these days.... I can buy a brand new motorcycle for that, but then I'd be in the minority on the roads in California and be at a substantial risk of life... Other things I can spend the money on? Hmm, I can think of lots of things, but I choose World of Warcraft because I enjoy playing the game. To some, it could be considered nerdy, to me, it's just relaxing in the comfort of my home enjoying the company of many others that I've never met nor probably will ever meet. Paying to play in a virtual world where a virtual economy affects the virtual pockets of the virtual players in it. What a concept!
The Justification?

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
said:
Most of my laptops are Fujitsu N6460's from Fry's Electronics. They came with 2gb of ram, but I added more to make them all 3gb. They each have Duo Core 2 Pentiums at 2.00ghz. Also comes with the ATI Radeo HD 2600. Those run 4 copies of WoW each with no lag with all of the graphics turned down. Also have 2 HP Pavilion DV9740us with 3gb of ram each. Those have the nVidia GeFOrce 8600M GS with 512mb of ram. Those run 3 copies of WoW each with no lag.

Looks like I'll be staying with 40 accounts instead of moving to 60. There is a limit to the number of accounts one can play it appears. Not a limit in the game but it's unplayable at about 45 accounts on the same network. I've tried two different routers and I have the fastest Internet available from Comcast cable. I don't get any lag in the game. Most of the time, the latency in the game is between 50 ms and 125 ms on all of the instances. What happens is that when an opposing team casts Fire Rain, Blizzard and Hurricane at the same time, all instances become disconnected. It might really be a bug in the game or something not easily duplicatable. It's an instant disconnect the moment the first blizzard or hurrican or fire rain is seen, not a stop in place then disconnect later. However, I've done all of the suggestions on the Blizzard support forums including upgrading my routers firmware, and making the adjustment to turn off the Offload settings in the network card advanced configuration. Nothing works. The other reason I'm going to stay with 40 is because full raid size seems to be the best. For example, I can use my paladin's Crusader Aura and it will hit everyone in the raid. I have two paladins, but one of them is only level 61 so far. With a full raid, I have all of my buffs available and it just seems like this is the number that my computers can handle the best without any lag or disconnects.
The set up for all those interested

lawno

Likes Bikes
that is just disgusting.... now im not a greeny but THINK OF THE FREAKIN HOLE IN THE OZONE ABOVE HIS HOUSE!! he kinda reminds me of this guy (make love not warcraft southpark episode anyone?)

Attachments

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
I reckon it'd be harder for him to get a real life..

"World of Warcraft dude gets real, stops playing WoW, goes outside and needs counseling."

I beg to differ. WoW involves, if you want to get any satisfaction out of the game at all, communication with other, real people, whereas model train geezers lock themselves in their garages and play with themselves.
Sounds like this guy plays with himself quite a bit.

Also sounds like you've been sucked into the World of Warcraft.

Real entertainment involved Goldeneye 007 on the 64, 4 controllers, a shitload of piss (optional) and 4 people who can actually sit and talk with each other, not some invisible person you speak to over a voice com device.
Then perfect dark (original, not shitbox new version) came out and totally rocked our worlds so hard, because we now had bots to play with instead of venturing online to seek out entertainment.
I'd like to see anyone who could crank up 4 of these bad boys on level 9 and still say it's not like playing a 'real' person:rolleyes:as that seems to be the main argument for shifting to playing 'real' people online..

New tech leads to lessened level of enjoyment from video games imo. If you got nobody to come over and play with and need to resort to playing online rather than with your mates then you're just being lame.

EDIT: lawno - that episode made me laugh so damn hard, almost as much as "up the down steroid" I think it's called, or "the jeffersons" (MJ ripoff;))