Wsmtb 4hr stans notubes summer series 2010-11

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Lookin as though its going to be wet.
They might need a life guard for the creek crossing!
My money would be on a postponement. The 'mundee suffers in the rain, and 4hrs is a lot of wheels..
Hope not, but reckon it'd be a prudent move.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My money would be on a postponement. The 'mundee suffers in the rain, and 4hrs is a lot of wheels..
Hope not, but reckon it'd be a prudent move.
I just checked the enduropulse calender, 18th of December is free of races in NSW/ACT/NATIONALS

Putting it on the 11th would clash with the national series, be the night before the SCUM 15/30/60/90, and more importantly would clash with my brief stay in Port Stephens

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There has been no discussion of postponment at this point we will be waiting to see what the weather is doing. However if the event is postponed an announcement will be made here and on the website www.wsmtb.com.

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
Manly closed, stromlo closed... I want to race but npws will be struggling to maintain credibility wrt ongoing land management issues if they don't shut yarramundi down too...

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
as much as i would like the race to go on i would also support any decision to close the trails for racing

i went for a local lower mountains ride yesterday, fire roads mainly, very very wet, with water running and pooling on the trails and pumping out of the surrounding vegetation

raining here again now

....... news just in...

RACE IS OFF

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as much as i would like the race to go on i would also support any decision to close the trails for racing

i went for a local lower mountains ride yesterday, fire roads mainly, very very wet, with water running and pooling on the trails and pumping out of the surrounding vegetation

raining here again now

....... news just in...

RACE IS OFF
postponed, or just off?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We will most likely be looking to postpone. We will have a chat this week and will post the decision asap

BM Epic

Eats Squid
It just keeps raining here at Winmalee, 5 minutes from the mundee, i really cant see this happening, steady rain now after a hard downpour for an hour!..and more on the way!

ukalipt

Likes Dirt
RACING HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THIS WEEKEND - 4TH DEC 2010
Due to heavy rain in the Yellomundee NP unfortunately we have decided to cancel this weekends 4hr event in the interest of preserving the park. We do however plan on rescheduling the event, so please watch the website for the new date as soon as we can finalise it.

You can also keep up to date with any news on our twitter account @wsmtb

Last edited:

HamishS

Likes Dirt
We do however plan on rescheduling the event,
Hey ukalipt, understand you guys are probably trying to find an available weekend though any update on when this may potentially be?

And are you definitely looking at rescheduling as a twilight race or will it change to a day race?

Cheers

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey ukalipt, understand you guys are probably trying to find an available weekend though any update on when this may potentially be?

And are you definitely looking at rescheduling as a twilight race or will it change to a day race?

Cheers
I'm not associated with the club in anyway, but I'd be wagering on the 18th of December - 2, 8, 9 January are also feasible, as is 19 Dec (although it'd take serious balls to ask for a leave pass from the family the Sunday before Christmas!) If it were on the 9 January or 19 December I'd wager it'd be switched to a day race.

So who is keen to frame a market?:p

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
I'm not associated with the club in anyway, but I'd be wagering on the 18th of December - 2, 8, 9 January are also feasible, as is 19 Dec (although it'd take serious balls to ask for a leave pass from the family the Sunday before Christmas!) If it were on the 9 January or 19 December I'd wager it'd be switched to a day race.

So who is keen to frame a market?:p
Ill be down for Christmas family things on the 18th, that suits me fine!

ukalipt

Likes Dirt
WSMTB - Stan's NoTubes Series - 4hr Enduro's

Revised dates and times:

Apologies for the delay but here are the new days/dates/times for the Stan's NoTubes Series.

Round 1 (twilight): Saturday 15 Jan, 6pm to 10pm
(Saturday evening)
Round 2: Sunday 30 Jan, 8am to 12 (new date)
Round 3: as before, ie Sunday 20 Feb, 8am to 12

the website will be updated shortly
thanks

ps. those that have paid for the first round will have their entry automatically
re-scheduled to the new Round 1 Date

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Revised dates and times:

Apologies for the delay but here are the new days/dates/times for the Stan's NoTubes Series.

Round 1 (twilight): Saturday 15 Jan, 6pm to 10pm
(Saturday evening)
Round 2: Sunday 30 Jan, 8am to 12 (new date)
Round 3: as before, ie Sunday 20 Feb, 8am to 12

the website will be updated shortly
thanks

ps. those that have paid for the first round will have their entry automatically
re-scheduled to the new Round 1 Date
Bugger, double clash. Guess I'll see you guys at round 3.

-Andrew

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are things shaping up for this Saturday night's race? Track conditions? Entries?
No idea of numbers but we are all set to go for Saturday night. We have only had a few short showers in the western suburbs in the last few days so the track should be in good nick. Saying that we will be doing a final track inspection Friday afternoon and if it belts down Saturday we will make a call as early as possible. Check the website for any updates but if you don't hear anything its on.

gixer7

Likes Dirt
spudatm, any idea of track length?

Just convinced myself (with a little encouragement) to enter solo. After a really shitty 8 months off the bike with injury I figure I may as well throw caution to the wind and have a crack.

What can go wrong?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Im in the same boat back was going to go solo but the closer i get the more my back hurts.
I cant remember the exact details the proposed track for this race as the last meeting was a while ago however the track length is usually kept down for the four hours so that teams do more short laps than less long laps if that makes sense. We also dont at present have access to the northern half so i would suggest that track length could only be around 6.5-7km which is what we have been running for the xc series this year. However the guys who are setting the track are on here as well so they might be able to help you out.

Last edited: