WSMTB Round 1, the results are here...

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yer what bransly said....WSMTB thanks for running an good event a few bad thins but they couldn't have been helped...like the very angry little busdriver rofl.and decided to leave on us...and weather was shity track was sik in the morning but turned to a mud slush bath but was awesome fun! Thanks WSMTB for not cancelling racing was way too fun ahah

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
3 Cheers for the Bus Driver

he was short. bald(ing). angry (im attributing this to PMS). and he managed to stall the bus every time after turning on the engine, but 2nd try he would get us moving.

Despite his personality, he got us up there fine.

Thanks WSMTB. Awesome day.
All other Volenteers and Helpers, thanks also, it truely was a good event.

hey guys an girls,
sorry couldn't control the weather today. track was good in the dry. but fark me that was fun in da mud!! like i said....
"shit eatin grins all round"!!!!!!!")

mr ufo

UFO MTB Imports
Awesome day out ! We dont get to race in that weather much !! Thanks to marcus and
the others who built up the track and the club (Steve + Jules) for putting it on ..

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmm well where do i begin?

After 4 practise runs. I rip my brand new x.0 rear derailluer out of my hanger putting me out for the day thus leaving at 12.30. :mad:

But those four runs were the greatest runs!! DH in the pouring rain combined with a mud bath track is the greatest.

Shout out's must go to Steve and Marcus for all of there hard work putting the race together. Its always appreciated guys! :)

Pete

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any chance of results,will we get any at all,from what I heard they got a large bit mudled up in the rain and stuff.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stop ya bragging...but well done in the weather, a very repectable time....but does anyone know when the times will be up?

mongoosedh

Banned
Hey

I know I said to be patient, but seriously guys, where the f&*k are the results??:mad: I know everyone has jobs and such, but 5 days, come on.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Hey

I know I said to be patient, but seriously guys, where the f&*k are the results??:mad: I know everyone has jobs and such, but 5 days, come on.
nice

asking a group of voluenteers "where the f**k are the results"
how many years of being in the local debating society did it take to teach you such persuasive skills?

yes. yes. we all want to view results.
and yes we all do have a shit load goin on.there fore, (seriously)mr mongoosedh.
ima thinkin that you. just, might be the man for the job!!
you float around these forums on a regular basis. you may just be the answer to our plight. maybe its too late for this rounds results. but.
at the next round please approach steve h an ask for the print outs and be.
the man that tells us how it is.how it went down and who got what.
seriuosly.think about it. :)

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shall I re-phase it for Mongoose dh
WSMTB, we know it's been a hectic week for all with the weather and everyone works ect, and that the results got mudled because of rain ect. but could we please have them posted on the internet for everyone to see as soon as possible

thankyou very much

no problems at all . and i restate my post above. im not pullin the piss or being sarcastic. we genuinely want the people of OUR club to seek to be in vovled to make it better for all concerned. if you see something you can do or help in the organiseation ,running,planning of etc. by all means please do. as the saying goes... many hands make light work.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no problems at all . and i restate my post above. im not pullin the piss or being sarcastic. we genuinely want the people of OUR club to seek to be in vovled to make it better for all concerned. if you see something you can do or help in the organiseation ,running,planning of etc. by all means please do. as the saying goes... many hands make light work.
If you trust me, the club rounds I goto, I would be more than happy to take the paper records of the times extra, then at home that hight record them and post them up as a excel document. If that helps...I cant really try to volenter as marshall as I race, and I cant be there early because Im always getting a lift...but if you let me I could try that for you if that helps

RAChad

Likes Bikes
Not on!

Hey

I would like to second Marcus' motion of puttung "Mogoosedh" forward as the results collator for WSMTB club rounds this season.

Mongoose, the above comment is not acceptable :mad:! An apology is in order. Just because we post on here under pseudonyms doesn't mean you shouldn't extend courtesy to the people who donate their time and effort to make things happen for us all.

Riding that day was tough. It's understandable that we all want some tangible results. But the administrators- and other riders/family members who pitched in to help out before and afterwards- weren't just sitting on their hands. The person responsible for working out the results is obviously still on the job and won't find any motivation in your abusive attitude. So if you've got a little competition going on with another mate who you raced against, harden the f**k up and remember that it was just a club round. In the mud. On a Sunday.

We could probably all do more to make Steve and other's "jobs" easier. Nasty impatient comments on the internet don't help. I wonder if you would be so rude if we all knew who you were?

Rachel.

I would like to second Marcus' motion of puttung "Mogoosedh" forward as the results collator for WSMTB club rounds this season.

Mongoose, the above comment is not acceptable :mad:! An apology is in order. Just because we post on here under pseudonyms doesn't mean you shouldn't extend courtesy to the people who donate their time and effort to make things happen for us all.

Riding that day was tough. It's understandable that we all want some tangible results. But the administrators- and other riders/family members who pitched in to help out before and afterwards- weren't just sitting on their hands. The person responsible for working out the results is obviously still on the job and won't find any motivation in your abusive attitude. So if you've got a little competition going on with another mate who you raced against, harden the f**k up and remember that it was just a club round. In the mud. On a Sunday.

We could probably all do more to make Steve and other's "jobs" easier. Nasty impatient comments on the internet don't help. I wonder if you would be so rude if we all knew who you were?

Rachel.

sheesh!!! a hard day aye?
brothers an sisters, lets not miss the point here. the results will come when they come. but they could come quicker. granted. im just sayin you have the key.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Hey

With that kind of attitude, I would be amazed if you are welcomed back to a race.

Club run by volunteers, some times things take time. Don't like it, get involved and do something about it.

You seem to be very opinionated at the end of the events, maybe its a case of put up or shut up. I'm all for constructive criticism (its the best way for a club to learn), but what you have said goes way beyond that.

Last edited:

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey

As other have already said, that is completley plain rude and selfish. On farkin.net we don't tolerate that sort of garbage.

I was photographing on the day, and once the rain hit i was undercover with Steve. Steve was extremely stressed out with all the rain and he deerly wanted to keep the event on. He did his upmost best to which he kept the event on. He had every right to just call it off after the storm, but to his credit he didnt fault.

I don't think people realise how much of a painstaking and stressful job he has and he should be the one we are giving praise to. But your statement has seemed to enforce he is lazy??? Steve like all WSMTB volunters/officals have a full time job. Unlike you who has school for around 6 hours a day. he also has a family to look after, a club and is the NSWMTB Coordinator.

And your telling him where the results are. If you ask me, grow up, get over yourself and why not involve yourself in the club if your not happy with the tremendous job that Steve and Co are already going.

(I may be over-reacting but i feel Steve H did a superb job on Sunday)