WSMTB Round 1, the results are here...

If you trust me, the club rounds I goto, I would be more than happy to take the paper records of the times extra, then at home that hight record them and post them up as a excel document. If that helps...I cant really try to volenter as marshall as I race, and I cant be there early because Im always getting a lift...but if you let me I could try that for you if that helps
please do.THAT WILL DEFFINATLY HELP what you have proposed is worth ten marshalls. though we do still need all the marshalls we can get!!( hint hint every one else.)

mongoosedh

Banned
Sounds like its a touchy topic, and yes, I too believe that I should apologise.

Dear all.

I am actually sorry for going off like that, I have had a rough week at school, and guessing by the lateness of the results (no I'm not complaining again), so have you guys. As for some of the responses I got, you must have misread me or I have mistyped, because that was DEFINITELY not the idea I was trying to get through. I was trying to say something that could only be said in person and it obviously came out all wrong. I am sorry for sounding like a complete cock, embarrassing myself, obviously offending some members of the farkin community and hurting the club volunteer's where it hurts. I really didn't mean to sound like a complete dickhead, even though I did and most people that know me in person say I'm not as I am on farkin.

Cheers, Hugh.

As for helping with the results I would be glad, honored even, to do such a job. I'm quite technically minded, so I think I may be able to do it. Though after the above reactions it seems that I would not be welcome to do it.

Hopefully the above doesn't offend anyone, I have tried to steer away from it.

Heres some responses to individual people.
at the next round please approach steve h an ask for the print outs and be.
the man that tells us how it is.how it went down and who got what.
seriuosly.think about it. :)
I'd be happy to, mate. If you promise not to throw stones at me.
We could probably all do more to make Steve and other's "jobs" easier. Nasty impatient comments on the internet don't help. I wonder if you would be so rude if we all knew who you were?

Rachel.
Rachel, I know I was out of place saying that, but you are quite out of place saying what you did. The above does actually offend me as I did not say anything concerning Steve's efforts, nor the rest of the clubs.
With that kind of attitude, I would be amazed if you are welcomed back to a race.

Club run by volunteers, some times things take time. Don't like it, get involved and do something about it.

You seem to be very opinionated at the end of the events, maybe its a case of put up or shut up. I'm all for constructive criticism (its the best way for a club to learn), but what you have said goes way beyond that.
Well, I suppose that's pretty true, but I really don't have an opinion that is like that. Let it be known by all that I think it was a greatly run event, I was over the moon when it was decided that the race would continue. I spend many a minute at the top of the track before my race run talking to the marshals about the whether and how hard it was to keep track of the time. I really hate it when I say something and people interpret it the wrong way, because I simply don't mean it.

Last edited:

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
please do.THAT WILL DEFFINATLY HELP what you have proposed is worth ten marshalls. though we do still need all the marshalls we can get!!( hint hint every one else.)
Sure, one it means I get my results heaps fast and it stops all these lazy and impatient people complaining. I will try to do all the WSMTb rounds I goto, wont be all because of yr.11 with all the assesments ect, but Ill try to get to as many as possible,and if anyone goes lives near sydney a lift would be greatly appreciated,but yer the more lifts I get the more clubs rounds I goto,the more results youll get faster guys. Plus doing the results wont take me long, a calculator and some decent excel skills all works in my favour

RAChad

Likes Bikes

Dear all.

I am actually sorry for going off like that, I have had a rough week at school, and guessing by the lateness of the results (no I'm not complaining again), so have you guys. As for some of the responses I got, you must have misread me or I have mistyped, because that was DEFINITELY not the idea I was trying to get through. I was trying to say something that could only be said in person and it obviously came out all wrong. I am sorry for sounding like a complete cock, embarrassing myself, obviously offending some members of the farkin community and hurting the club volunteer's where it hurts. I really didn't mean to sound like a complete dickhead, even though I did and most people that know me in person say I'm not as I am on farkin.

Cheers, Hugh.

As for helping with the results I would be glad, honored even, to do such a job. I'm quite technically minded, so I think I may be able to do it. Though after the above reactions it seems that I would not be welcome to do it.

Heres some responses to individual people. I'd be happy too, mate. If you promise not to throw stones at me.

Rachel, I know I was out of place saying that, but you are quite out of place saying what you did. The above does actually offend me as I did not say anything concerning Steve's efforts, nor the rest of the clubs.

Well, I suppose that's pretty true, but I really don't have an opinion that is like that. Let it be known by all that I think it was a greatly run event, I was over the moon when it was decided that the race would continue. I spend many a minute at the top of the track before my race run talking to the marshals about the whether and how hard it was to keep track of the time. I really hate it when I say something and people interpret it the wrong way, because I simply don't mean it.
Mongoose, you are quickly devaluing your apology. "im sorry, but..." doesn't cut it. An unreserved apology is what people are looking for. I don't think I was out of order. You did directly disparage the efforts of Steve by asking "...seriously guys, where the f**ck" are the results?...". You didn't actually leave much room for misinterpretation there, mate.

It's not like I was actually asking for your identity. I don't think I want to know you based upon your efforts here. You can't just slag off at people and then claim you were "misread". Extend us all the courtesy that you do your friends who know you "in person" and you won't come up against this sort of criticism.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mongoose, you are quickly devaluing your apology. "im sorry, but..." doesn't cut it. An unreserved apology is what people are looking for. I don't think I was out of order. You did directly disparage the efforts of Steve by asking "...seriously guys, where the f**ck" are the results?...". You didn't actually leave much room for misinterpretation there, mate.

It's not like I was actually asking for your identity. I don't think I want to know you based upon your efforts here. You can't just slag off at people and then claim you were "misread". Extend us all the courtesy that you do your friends who know you "in person" and you won't come up against this sort of criticism.
Hey guys, I can see where ya all coming from and even to me it sounded very bad,but lets get over it and accept his apolgy,as I will vouch, he is a reall nice and good guy, he took me to the race and he really doesn't come accross as that type of guy, 'bitchy' I also ride with a him a bit. He really has a had a bad week and he's sorry he took it out on people. He's apolozied maybe saying wrong stuff but he tried, so just accept it please and lets get over this whole thing. Ok as my dad would say "happy happy happy"

PEELER

Banned
Ok everyone get over what mongoosedh said its all in the past now,he learnt from his mistake(That everyone has made once in there life)And im sure that the people who he was actually telling to get the results up didnt give a shit about what he said anyway...
Now we can all move on in life and get back to what reAlly matter's in life.........DOWNHILL:cool:

MrCove

South Shore Distribution

Dear all.

Cheers, Hugh.

Heres some responses to individual people. I'd be happy to, mate. If you promise not to throw stones at me.

apology accepted ;-)

a point to remember is that EVERYBODY can do something SOME of the time

it's doing it ALL of the time that gets hard

apology accepted ;-)

a point to remember is that EVERYBODY can do something SOME of the time

it's doing it ALL of the time that gets hard
well said. i think if we all take this on board. some good will come of it.
an i think mr mongoosedh was just initiated into the upper realms of farkindom.
because you havn't lived until you've been flammed and destroyed by your peers!!
well done sir!!

mongoosedh

Banned
So as it stands, if all goes well....and Steve says yes.

I would be able to do alternating rounds with Trouble. So after the final run is done then Trouble or I will pick up the results, take them home and put them into an excel document for the world to see. We will have a talk with our transportation and see what races we can and can't make it to. Because I only have to go to school, rather than a long day at work, I might be able to get the results up faster :eek:.

I.E. Me - round 2
Ben (Trouble) - round 3
Me - round 4......e.t.c.

Cheers, Hugh.

RAChad

Likes Bikes
Great

That proposal sounds tops Mongoose and Trouble. I think Steve would appreciate the offer at very least.

Apology accepted and all is forgotten. Not because I apparently rode with you, but because I know what it's like to say something in the heat of the moment that you regret later. And also because I admittedly do not know what it's like to be waiting on the edge of your seat for so long for results that are really close (I was basically the only girl at WSMTB to race in my class last year at all, so my time wasn't a matter for concern). I think we should just make the effort not to whinge on Farkin in such a way that we would not do so in person and save any hurt feelings!

No promises, but I'll see with my other half about lifts. It seems that one of you at least doesn't live that far away from us. If you end up having anything to do with results it would be somewhat desirable to have you attend as many races as possible.

Cheers.

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
WSMTB results

Results are in club news under Marcus's thread.
Sent the results to web Wednesday last week but having a few problems so I posted them on farkin today.
Managed to get back to Pacific Pak last Saturday to pick the other trailer and get the bunting back in. Scoped out a few new track lines and a north start that is almost as good a Batemans Bay start in terms of view.