WSMTB XC Rd#4 - combined round with MWMBC at ARCADIA

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
craign said:
At night? Or due to one of those annoying concrete sections?
During the day on one of the bigger water bars near Wallalong Cres, West Pymble, that had washed out a bit and I took a bit too fast.

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
despite a stack on my 3rd lap and a rear blowout through the side wall on my 4th lap, i had a great morning. that's a super fun track.

thanks to the people who made it happen

spewyogrady

Likes Dirt
Great day in the sunshine at Arcadia. Some dopey idiot acting as a marshall sent the Under 10's the wrong way but apart from that it was smooth sailing.

Highlight for me was Mr and Mrs El Presidente in matching Black and White leisure wear. The LL Cool J and J-Lo of the xc world.:)

TonyG

Likes Dirt
This was my first race, and I counted afterwards, my 7th ride on a bike since I was about 12 years old. I finished 3 laps in 3rd grade, but I had to finish there as I was told I would get in the way of A and B grade (which I would have).
I had an absolute ball, what a great sport. I was hoping to be slightly more competitive as I watched a race at Yellowmundi and thought I might be as quick as some of the C graders, but I think it was deceptive as they went past after a hill climb.
This was the first time I had completed more than 2 laps of a coarse (I hadn’t prepared well), but I found I was in much better shape after 3 laps than I was after the 1st and 2nd.
A few things I have to work on is cornering, and picking a line. I think I hit every rock on the coarse, which seems to knock a lot of your speed off. As for the cornering, everytime I speed up I kept running off the track coming out of the corner. I think I used the front brake too much?
Anyway I hope I didnt get in the way too much. I tried to get off the coarse where I could.
I'll see you all at the next race.

spewyogrady

Likes Dirt
Thanks

As usual big thanks to all those who volunteer time and effort to make these events happen. To all at MWMTB and in particular Neil for running things, Tanya for spending all day on the Rego desk, Mr Plant for helping Tanya.
Hamish and his charming junior offsider who spent a long day in the chair with the laptop. And anyone else I haven't mentioned who helps my kids get a lot of pleasure from racing bikes. Thanks again...:)

VincentVolvo

Manly Warringah MTB
WSMTB and MWMTB Combined Club Race

Thanks so much for all the WSMTB riders who made it out last Sunday. Especially thanks to Stuart Plant who came and undertook regsitration. He ran a 12 hour road race the previous day. I was there and witnessed the level of effort he put in. It was with great surprise that with little or next to no or sleep, Stuart turned up at 8:30am and was instrumental on the combined club day. Stuart is quickly becoming the patriach of XC racing in NSW.

Please see thread regarding AIS womens selection for XC program being held at Arcadia track this Saturday from 10:00AM.

Regards,

El Presidente

DaGonz

Eats Squid
VincentVolvo said:
Please see thread regarding AIS womens selection for XC program being held at Arcadia track this Saturday from 10:00AM.
Can we come watch? ;)

(kidding)

Cheers
Gonz