WTSFLC Ride Thread.

taibo

Eats Squid
Mike...if u've bent a 721, try a 729. Those wheels are bullet proof. Slightly heavier, but will take a hella beating! I've got them on my glozza. If the budget allows get a 823, Jase and I run them on the foes and rotec and they are tubeless as wheel. My 823 is still straight even after many runs with half the spokes loose.

Looks like we are doing yellowmundee xc this saturday boys!!! Woohoooooo!!! Don't forget to wear your lyrca :)

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Mike...if u've bent a 721, try a 729. Those wheels are bullet proof. Slightly heavier, but will take a hella beating! I've got them on my glozza. If the budget allows get a 823, Jase and I run them on the foes and rotec and they are tubeless as wheel. My 823 is still straight even after many runs with half the spokes loose.

Looks like we are doing yellowmundee xc this saturday boys!!! Woohoooooo!!! Don't forget to wear your lyrca :)
Yea the budget will allow for a 823 might have to go with that if my rear gets any worse, might just run higher pressures to stop it from dying on me.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Mike, that sux. New bike and already you broke it. Maybe you needed to ride even faster down that rock garden to smooth out the drops. :D

Just sell the glory and get a 951 :cool:, even i though it was worth drooling over.

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
Hey Mike, that sux. New bike and already you broke it. Maybe you needed to ride even faster down that rock garden to smooth out the drops. :D

Just sell the glory and get a 951 :cool:, even i though it was worth drooling over.
haha next time we go im hitting it at the speed those guys were, i wanna feel like sam hill haha.

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
haha just got back from bike store from first service my rear rim is fucked, well not too fucked i bent it and its like slightly ovalised, haha just means im riding it hard. Does anyone know anything about rims, the mavic 821 or something looks good, can anyone confirm.

Did "that shop" in Blacktown tell you that? I recall them not knowing how to fit a rear derailleur....... Downhill rims aren't supposed to be perfect ovals anyways. Ride it till it breaks

taibo

Eats Squid
no one would go riding with me tonight so i went by myself and my lycra...my house to fish markets and back in 80 mins...i need to go faster

Last edited:

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didnt go riding but I did go to the Gym. Did 30 mins of intervals on the bike and am surprsingly not in any pain. Didnt push myself hard enough.

however did some arm work mainly lats/triceps/biceps and now have noodle arm.....

farkin arms.....

*EDIT*

I also drew up a table looking at the main components of the bikes I like/want. Hoping it would help me narrow it down.... Now all its done is make me want all of them. I really need to get out and test ride some.

Anyways for your viewing pleasure or amusement here it is....

Attachments

Last edited:

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon you should just go the first option, upgrade your forks, maybe a shock rebuild, it'll make a big difference...

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Possible morning ride opportunity Friday if any of you Hosers are available. was thinking Redders AM ... Al's Mystery track No2 ... heaps betterer then No1.

Also thinking of a Mountain ride Monday (bank holiday - yeeeehaaaaa) if any interest. (check turgid thread).

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
Will, your shock rebuild shouldn't cost $300. Give Kegs a call for a quote, he can tune it for you too.:)

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will, your shock rebuild shouldn't cost $300. Give Kegs a call for a quote, he can tune it for you too.:)
Yeah it was a guess, whats his number and does he do front forks as well. Might get him to have a look.

Just sent him an email.

Last edited:

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Possible morning ride opportunity Friday if any of you Hosers are available. was thinking Redders AM ... Al's Mystery track No2 ... heaps betterer then No1.

Also thinking of a Mountain ride Monday (bank holiday - yeeeehaaaaa) if any interest. (check turgid thread).
I'd come, but I'd be sitting in peak hour the whole way there

Sellen

NSWMTB
haha just got back from bike store from first service my rear rim is fucked, well not too fucked i bent it and its like slightly ovalised, haha just means im riding it hard. Does anyone know anything about rims, the mavic 821 or something looks good, can anyone confirm.
I've cracked my 729. Atomlabs might be my next choice. I've had a set on my Dirt Jumper for years now and they're still spinning true. 821's are just a tubeless 729 i thought?